xxii.

"Have any of you seen my shoes?" Mary asks as she runs around the room, trying to look for her shoes

"Have any of you seen my shoes?" Mary asks as she runs around the room, trying to look for her shoes. Cassiopeia looks up as she finishes to strap on her heels. She was wearing a blue gown, the bustier was tight against her, while the rest flowed down and the sleeves were slightly puffy. A slit cut through the side of the dress up to the middle of her thighs.

"In the bathroom." Marlene says as she finishes helping Dorcas zip up her dress. Mary rushes to the bathroom and soon comes back with a relieved smile and her shoes. They were gathered in the four Gryffindor girls' room, getting ready for the Winter Ball.

"Mar, you're a life saviour." Mary hums as she sits down and puts on shoes. Marlene snickers, before backing away from Dorcas and looking admiringly.

"You look beautiful, my love." Marlene hums, making Dorcas blush and turn around.

"So do you." Dorcas says as she quickly kisses Marlene, who smirks happily.

"Are we all in a relationship?" Lily asks in realisation and the five girls look at each other, before they burst into laughter. "Bloody hell. We really are."

"And it all happened over the last three months." Cassiopeia points out, making them laugh even more.

"That's absolutely madness. I'm happy for us though." Marlene says, making them all smile. "Anyway, less talk more finishing getting ready. Dor and I aren't making our dates wait, unlike you three."

"And knowing James, he's probably being a diva about it." Lily giggles as Cassiopeia stands up and walks up to the table, opening the box with the necklace Sirius had given her for her birthday. She smiles softly, running her fingers over it. "Do you want me to put it for you?"

"Please." Cassiopeia smiles and hands Lily the necklace, who moves her hair to the side slightly. Cassiopeia watches in the reflection of the mirror as the cold feeling of the necklace settles on her collarbone.

"You look beautiful, Cassie." Lily smiles happily as she puts her hands on the girl's shoulders. Cassiopeia blushes as she smiles at her best friend.

"So do you. I have my bets that James will faint." Cassiopeia hums making Lily blush and giggle, shaking her head.

"You two ready?" Dorcas asks, making them turn around and nod. All five slowly make their way out of the room, Marlene locking the door behind. "I can't wait to see the boys reaction to you three."

"It's going to be interesting. Let us go first." Marlene says excitedly as she takes Dorcas' hand and they walk down the stairs. Mary, Lily and Cassiopeia give each other amused looks, before following behind. Cassiopeia picks up the skirt of her dress to not tripand fall as she walks down. As soon she reaches the bottom of the stairs she looks up and makes eye contact with Sirius who is looking at her in awe. She blushes as she make her way up to him.

"Merlin's beard, Cassiopeia, you look... whoa." He breaths out, making her blush as she kisses him happily. As she pulls away, he speechlessly hands her a rose, making her smile gratefully.

"Sirius you okay there? Cat caught your tongue?" Remus asks his best friend teasingly and Sirius blushes in result. "Can't blame him though, you like great, Cassie."

"Thank you, Remus." Cassiopeia beams happily at him, before looking back up at Sirius. He grins at her, looking extremely proud, making her blush.

"We ready to go then?" Peter asks, making them all nod. Sirius takes Cassiopeia's hand in his, bringing it up to his lips to kiss the back and she blushes softly.

"I truly am the luckiest." He hums and she blushes even more, as she smiles happily at him.

"I'd like to think the same." She says softly and it's his turn to blush. The two follow their friends out of the Gryffindor Commons, where they see a few other students leaving as well.

"I heard there'll be a muggle live band." Peter says excitedly from the front.

"Hopefully the Beatles." James hums, making Cassiopeia shake her head.

"No way. I hope it's Queen." Cassiopeia says, making Sirius look down with an approving smile. 

"You've got taste, darling." Sirius says, making her giggle and blush again.

"To a certain limit, her taste in men is questionable." Marlene says teasingly, making Sirius playfully glare at her as Cassiopeia snickers. The ten walk into the Great Hall, to see it already filled with other students. Cassiopeia moves slightly closer to Sirius, as she feels her anxiety increase at the sight of so many people. He notices it and squeezes her hand reassuringly.

"You'll be fine darling. Just focus on us. Don't mind them and enjoy your evening, okay?" He hums and she nods nervously, making him kiss her forehead. "Now, will you dance with me my sunshine?"

"Yes, I'd love to." She giggles and he leads her to the dance floor, leaving the other behind. Currently it was a live orchestra playing so the students were mostly dancing ballroom waltz. He twirls her into his arms, making her smile as they fellow the choreography the others are doing.

"I knew that necklace was made for you. It makes you shine." He hums and she blushes, making him pull her closer. "Fitting if you ask me, sunshine."

"You're a bit of a flirt, aren't you Sirius." She muses, making him chuckle and shake his head.

"And you only noticed now?"