epilogue.

Remus Lupin stands over the man, pointing his wand at him, while the three kids watch in anticipation in the corner of the room

Remus Lupin stands over the man, pointing his wand at him, while the three kids watch in anticipation in the corner of the room. Remus felt an immense amount of emotions, not to count the fact that tonight was a full moon. He could see the pain evident in the dark eyes of the man. With a sigh, he lowers his wand and sticks his hand out for him to take. Once they're at eye level, the two pull each other in embrace.

"I found him! It's him." Sirius Black says desperately and Remus nods his head, smiling softly at his friend. "Let's kill him!"

"No!" Hermione Granger exclaims, standing in front of Harry Potter. The two men turn to look at her. "I trusted you. And all this time you've been his friend. He's a werewolf. That's why he's missing classes."

"How long have you known?" Remus asks as he steps forward, glancing down at the girl.

"Since Professor Snape set the essay." Hermione admits, making Remus smile.

"Well, well. Hermione you really are the brightest witch of your age I've ever met." Remus admits and Sirius is getting frustrated with the fact that nothing is being done.

"Enough talking. Come on, let's kill him." Sirius exclaims angrily and Remus turns to look at him.

"Wait!"

"I did my waiting! Twelve years of it! In Azkaban. Without her." He says the last part weakly and Remus softens, his heart aching. Remus glances at the kids, before handing Sirius his wand.

"Very well. Kill him. But wait one more minute. Harry has the right to know why." Remus says pointedly.

"I know why. You betrayed my parents. You're the reason they're dead." Harry says and his words were like a dagger through the heart for Sirius.

"No Harry. It wasn't him. Somebody did betray your parents, but it was somebody who until quite recently I believed to be dead." Remus explains to the boy, who glares up at his Professor.

"Who was it then?" Harry asks angrily.

"Peter Pettigrew. And he's in this room. Right now. Come on. Come on. Peter. Come out, come out and play." Sirius shouts, not noticing Severus Snape coming from behind.

"Expelliarmus." Snape exclaims, making the wand fly out of Sirius' hand. Both him and Remus turn to face Snape in annoyance.

"Oh. Vengeance is sweet. I'd hoped to be the one to catch you." Severus snarls, making Sirius give him a look.

"Severus." Remus tries to explain things to him, but Severus points his wand at him.

"I told Dumbledore you were helping an old friend into the castle and now here's the proof." Severus says proudly and Sirius steps forward.

"Brilliant, Snape. Once again, you put your keen in penetrating mind to the task and as usual come to the wrong conclusion. Now if you'll excuse us, Remus and I have some unfinished business to attend to." Sirius says as he walks closer to Severus, who puts his wand against his neck.