xl.

"I can't believe we're actually doing this? Is this even a good idea? I feel like the first day we're going to burn the whole place down

"I can't believe we're actually doing this? Is this even a good idea? I feel like the first day we're going to burn the whole place down." Marlene says as she walks into the living room of the house they had all just moved into. With the help of James' parents, their savings and Andromeda, they were able to get a five bedroomed house.

"Oh! Don't be so pessimistic, as long as Lily or Peter or Cassiopeia don't get anywhere near the stove we are okay." Dorcas assures Marlene, kissing her lips quickly.

"Cassie! You can't cook? The Cassiopeia Lovia, who can basically do anything, can't cook?" Peter asks in shock, making Cassiopeia give a look.

"I can cook... but if I use magic." She hums, making Peter shake his head as Sirius snickers and flops down on top her.

"It's cute though. I'd love to cook for my sunshine." Sirius muses as he looks up at her and she blushes, wrapping her arms around her.

"Oh, get married while you're at it." Remus snickers, making the couple give him a look. James glances at Sirius, who nods encouragingly. With a deep breath James jumps to his feet, making everyone look at him curiously. Sirius slowly pushes himself up, making Cassiopeia pout and he quickly leans down to peck her lips, before joining James.

"What are you two idiots up to?" Lily asks, raising an eyebrow and Sirius sighs.

"Lily, dear. You're dating an idiot, who gets way too easily flustered in the presence of you." Sirius answers her question and she giggles, while James glares at him.

"That's not in the script!" James exclaims, making Sirius glare back at him.

"I'm not following the script. The script is stupid." Sirius grumbles and James huffs, but waves him off to continue. "Anyway, before your boyfriend rudely interrupted me. I was trying to tell you something on his behalf."

"Oh, dear. This can only go one way." Lily hums, as Marlene snickers and Cassiopeia gives the two questioning looks.

"Okay, so James here wants you to know that he absolutely loves you. That his world without you is absolutely nothing, which is weird because there is me and I think he should be satisfied with me." James nudges Sirius, making him huff and straighten up. Cassiopeia watches curiously in amusement, noticing Remus facepalm. "Anyway, the point here is, that his life is nothing without you and he sees a future with you. So, now, I'll leave the stage to him, before Cassie thinks I'm the one proposing."

"Pro- what?" Lily breaths out as her eyes widen and she sits up. Cassiopeia gapes at them, Marlene watches with wide eyes and Dorcas gasps. Sirius moves back to where Cassiopeia is sitting. James kneels down in front of Lily, who covers her mouth with wide eyes.

"Lily Evans, after saying no to me for years, I'm hoping that that means you'll say yes from now. I love you more than anything in the world, even Sirius-"

"Whoa! Hey! That's blasphemy. He's lying to you." Sirius cuts off James and Cassiopeia covers his mouth to shut him up, making James smile at her gratefully.

"Anyway. Lily Evans, will you marry me?" James asks, as he pulls out a wedding ring and everyone gasps, before turning to look at Lily in anticipation. Lily's eyes have turned glassy from the tears as she nods, making James let out a breath of relief. He takes her hand and slips the ring on her finger.

"Bloody hell! Congratulations darlings! I'm so happy for you!" Marlene exclaims, making Lily beam as she stands up at the same time as James and pulls him into hug. James grins and kisses her.

"I think I'm crying." Cassiopeia breaths out, making Sirius turn to see tears running down her cheeks and he chuckles softly, wiping them away. He leans forward and kisses her cheek.

"Don't worry sunshine, soon that'll be us." He hums and she blushes, as she looks at him in shock.

"I love you, James. But please stop depending on Sirius." Lily snickers, making James smile sheepishly.

"Hey, Evans. Stop it, his life will have no meaning without me." Sirius says dramatically and Cassiopeia rolls her eyes, shoving him slightly.