xliv.

With the birth of Harry, James and Lily had decided to move out of the house they shared with their friends and move into the Potter Manor, that James had inherited

With the birth of Harry, James and Lily had decided to move out of the house they shared with their friends and move into the Potter Manor, that James had inherited.  It had saddened their friends, but they'd also been so excited to see them start a new chapter in life. Cassiopeia had even offered to paint Harry's Nursery room and Sirius had volunteered to help. Which is also how she discovered her fiancée had been hiding his painting skills to her for two years.

"Are you still not going to talk to me?" Sirius asks from across the room, paint brush in his hand and his hair pulled up in a bun. She huffs and keeps on focusing on painting Hogwarts on the wall. Their plan was simple, the marauder's map on one wall, a stag, wolf and dog on another wall, and Hogwarts on the third. "Come on, sunshine. I'm sorry."

"Say that to the two years you've lied to me." She says dramatically and he chuckles softly, shaking his head.

"Don't be so dramatic. I just couldn't compete next to your incredible artistic skills." He hums, trying to make her feel better and she looks at him with a raised eyebrow.

"Say that to the beautiful painting of the Marauder's Map, you have there. Do you realise how many cute dates we could have had? Us painting together and just having fun. But you took that away from me." She huffs, a pout settling on her face and he smiles, before making his way up to her. He takes her cheeks between his hands and leans down to kiss her. She tries to keep up the act of being mad, but the moment their lips connect she melts into his arms.

"I love you. And I'll make it up to you. I promise." He assures her and she smiles softly, before pecking his lip one more time. She goes back to her painting and he smiles, before doing the same. "The other day I was thinking."

"You can think? What has the world come to." Cassiopeia says jokingly, making him roll his eyes, even if an amused smile makes its way on his face.

"Cassie, darling. Could you please shut it?" He asks softly and she giggles, biting her lip. "Anyway, as I was saying. I thought that maybe we should have a winter wedding, like around the time when we went to Hogsmeade for your birthday."

"You want us to get married on my birthday?" She asks him, glancing over shoulder for a split second.

"Why not? Wouldn't that be great? Would make celebrating your birthday and our marriage anniversary so much easier." He says jokingly, making her turn around and throw the paint brush at him, hitting him on the shoulder. Sirius turns around and looks at her in amusement. "Did you just throw a paint brush at me?"

"Yeah, and what about it?" She asks, crossing her arms over her chest. He throws his at her, making paint splatter all over her face and her mouth drops open, while he snickers. She glares at him, before taking another paint brush and using it throw paint at him. He gapes at her, looking down at the blue on his shirt and she smirks, raising an eyebrow.

Things quickly take a turn as they start throwing paint at each other, laughing happily he dips his hands in the paint, before running after her, making her squeal and run away from him. They run in circles, until Sirius manages to corner her and she giggles as he pulls her towards him by the waist, getting paint on her shirt. He leans down and connects their lips, making her smile and wrap her arms around his neck.

"Okay, so maybe not a wedding on your birthday." He hums, making her snort as she looks at him with so much love. "January then. Not this coming January, but rather January of 1982. How does that sound?"

"Perfect. And we don't have to do anything big. We have our friends come, Hagrid, Minerva. Some members of the Order. Andromeda, Ted and Dora. It would be the best day." She says excitedly and he chuckles happily.

"And by then hopefully we could have a mini us. Add another Marauder heir." Sirius muses and she giggles, blushing happily. "And then after the wedding, we just leave and go hide from everyone in a little cottage in the middle of nowhere, where we can gaze at stars all night."

"Sounds perfect. I can't wait for it." She hums with a warm smile and he chuckles, pecking her lip. "But in the meantime, Harry's Nursery won't finish itself. Come on."

"We're nearly done though." He says, as she pulls away and makes her way to her side of the room.

"Honey, we are far from finished. We still have to do the middle wall with the wolf, stag and dog." She points out, making him groan and she snickers, before they get back to work.