xix.

The five girls giggle as they walk out of the restaurant, laughing at something Marlene had said

The five girls giggle as they walk out of the restaurant, laughing at something Marlene had said. The fresh December night air, causing chills to run up Cassiopeia's spine as goosebumps form on her skin. She had shoved the gifts all in one package, so that she didn't have to carry too much. They were slowly making their way to where Cassiopeia had agreed to meet Sirius.

"Oh, bloody hell, Mar. You're full nonsense." Dorcas shakes her head as Marlene snickers and wraps an around her.

"But you love me, Dor." Marlene smirks and Dorcas bites her lip as she looks up at the blonde.

"Keep it family friendly girls." Mary says teasingly, naming Marlene roll her eyes in amusement.

"Do you and Fabian keep it family friendly?" Marlene asks teasingly and Mary huffs.

"What Fabian and I do, is none of your business." Mary grumbles with a blush, making Cassiopeia chuckle softly. That's when she notices him walking towards them, making her grin happily. "Oh, oh. Here comes Prince Charming."

"Shut it." Cassiopeia huffs as she walks up to him and wraps her arms around him, making him wrap his arms around her.

"How are you, darling?" He asks softly, making her look up with a wide smile.

"Good and you?" She asks, making him smile.

"Good as well." Sirius smiles, before pulling away and looking at the other girls.

"Well, have fun lovebirds. But not too much fun." Lily hums as she and the other three walk away, waving goodbye at the two, making Sirius chuckle softly.

"Did you enjoy yourself?" He asks as he takes her bag and she nods happily as she moves close to him, before they start to walk.

"It was.... how do I say this... interesting to say the least." She admits, making him chuckle as he wraps an arm around her and pulls her close.

"I'm glad you had fun. Tomorrow is your birthday, excited?" He asks and she shrugs.

"I don't know. Doesn't feel very different. Do you feel different now that you're nineteen?" She wonders and he shakes his head.

"Not really, I suppose. But that doesn't matter, we'll still celebrate, even if it's just us two." He says and she hums happily.

"I hope Remus and James aren't mad that I stole their boyfriend for the weekend." She says teasingly and he snorts as they reach their destination, him opening the door for her.

"They were a little pouty, but they accepted to make this an exception for your birthday." He says as he leads into the small cottage. She glances around smiling softly at the homely feel. "After all, James' parents are letting us use this place for the weekend."

"It's really nice. I like it." She hums happily as they walk deeper into the cottage.

"Glad you do. Let me show you to your room." He says as he leads her up the stairs to where there are three doors, he opens the one on his right. He lets her go in first and she glances around as he puts her stuff down. "As birthday girl, you get the master bedroom. And I'll be right across."

"Thank you." She hums as she turns around to face him.

"It's a pleasure darling. I'll go make you a cup of tea, while you settle in." He hums, before walking out of the room. She waits a little to make sure he's gone, before rushing to the bag with the gifts and pulls out the box Marlene had given her. She opens it slightly and bites her lip, under the lingerie set was a nightdress that she could possibly wear for the night, after all they were sleeping in different rooms, he wouldn't see her in it.

She shakes her head, before closing the box and making her way down stairs. She looks around, before making her way into the living room. The fireplace was lit up, being the only source of light in the room and sits down in singles sofa, next to it. Slipping off her shoes, she tugs her feet under her and leans against the armrest. Just on time, Sirius walks in with a cup of tea, setting it down next to her.

"Here you go, darling." He hums softly, making her smile appreciatively.

"Thank you." She beams, making him smile softly, before he hands her a box and she looks at him questioningly, taking it.

"It's the first part of your birthday gift. I'll give the other one tomorrow, but I couldn't wait to at least give you one." He says as he sits on the sofa across from her and she smiles, before opening the box to reveal different kinds of paints and brushes. Her smile quickly turns into the widest grin.

"Sirius, thank you so much. I love it." She says as she puts the box down and walks across to him, leaning down to hug him. He beams happily as he wraps his arms around her waist.

"I'm glad you like it." He beams happily, pulling her closer and she ends up sitting on his lap. She blushes and tries to stand up but he holds her down. "Where do you think you're going, darling?"

"Back to my seat." She giggles as she gives him a look.

"I think you're better off here." He hums and she playfully glares at him.

"And what about my tea?" She asks pointedly and he chuckles. He pulls his wand out and points it at the cup, making her huff.

"Accio. See not so hard." He gives her a boyish grin and she rolls her eyes playfully as she leans against him, resting her head between his shoulder and neck.

"I never expected you to be so clingy, Black." She muses and he chuckles softly.

"Only with you, sunshine. I wouldn't want someone else to take you from me." He says teasingly and she snorts, not realising that he wasn't just joking, but he was actually serious.

"Merlin's beard, Sirius. You make it sound like someone's going to swoop in and take me away on an Unicorn's back." She says and he huffs.

"I wouldn't want to risk it." He says stubbornly and she snorts, before tilting her head up to look at him. She pushes herself a little up to kiss his cheek, making him blush.

"You're cute." She giggles and his blush increases even more, making her grin. "How the tables have turned."