xxx.

Another knock at the girl's door echoes through the room, but just like the previous ones, she ignores it

Another knock at the girl's door echoes through the room, but just like the previous ones, she ignores it. The door was locked so that they wouldn't come in. She focuses on the canvas in front of her, trying to ignore her want to cry and expressing her emotions on the canvas instead. Her peace is disturbed as her door bursts open, making her spin around to see Marlene with her arms crossed over her chest and Lily holding her wand.

"You couldn't possible think you could keep us out forever?" Marlene asks as she shuts the door behind her. Cassiopeia huffs and turns back to the canvas, ignoring them. "What the bloody hell is going on Cassie? Why won't you talk to us?"

"I don't want to talk to you." Cassiopeia says softly, making Lily look at her in shock.

"You never even told us what happened a week ago when you went to Diagon Alley and now this? Cassie, we need answers." Marlene says firmly and Cassiopeia closes her eyes, taking a deep breath. She didn't want to think about it, or talk about it, because if she did she knew she'd break down. "Bloody hell, Cassie. We're worried! Please just tell us for Merlin's sake!"

"I saw Sirius kissing a Gryffindor girl!" Cassie shouts as she turns around, tears burning in her eyes. Lily and Marlene look at her in shock. "Is that what you wanted to hear? That last week when I met his oh-so-lovely cousin, Narcissa, she had been right. That the minute he found someone better than me, he'd leave."

"When... when did this happen?" Marlene asks in shock, making Cassiopeia shake her head.

"Yesterday. I was just going to find him to say I'm sorry for ignoring him for the week, but he seemed to have moved on already." She says, making Lily frown.

"Yesterday? That's impossible. Yesterday Sirius was with the boys the whole time, they put fireworks in the library and then they had detention for the rest of the day." Lily says, making Cassiopeia huff.

"So you don't believe me? I promise I saw him." She says weakly and Lily is unsure what to say.

"Maybe, go talk to him? He's bloody worried. It's taking James and Remus to hold him back. You really should talk to him." Marlene says, but Cassiopeia shakes her head as she blinks away the tears.

"I... no. I don't want to talk to him." She says, turning back around to her painting and continuing. Marlene gave Lily a look, and the ginger girl simply shrugs. Marlene looks over Cassiopeia's shoulder and her eyes widen at the sight of the painting. The Ravenclaw girl had never painted anything of the sort. In the painting was girl falling back in water, her hair covering her facial features.

"You can't stay in here forever, Cassiopeia. You'll have to talk to him eventually." Marlene states firmly, making Cassiopeia take a deep breath.

"Please leave." Cassiopeia says weakly, making the two girls look at each other and reluctantly leave. As soon as the door closes, Cassiopeia puts her paint brush down and walks up to her nightstand where she had a framed picture of her with Sirius during the Christmas holidays. She picks up the frame picture, before throwing it to the other side of the room, the glass shattering into pieces as she breaks down on the floor.

How she wished she had never met him, that he never found interest in her, that she never got so attached to him, or that she had said yes to the Hogsmeade. Most importantly she wished she had never fallen in love with him. Yet, even through her pain, she loved him and she couldn't help it. She wished she didn't, but it was futile, cause her love for him consumed her.

The look he had had given her before kissing the girl again, that's all that haunted her mind. The way his eyes were emotionless and cold. She barely recognised him, in that moment. Maybe she had created an illusion of him, maybe the caring and loving Sirius she knew, was just part of her imagination, and he always had been emotionless.