xx.

Cassiopeia huffs as she turns around in the bed, trying to find a comfortable position to fall asleep, but to no avail

Cassiopeia huffs as she turns around in the bed, trying to find a comfortable position to fall asleep, but to no avail. She had been laying here for what felt like hours, yet she could still not fall asleep. It wasn't the first time she had a sleepless night and normally she'd use the opportunity to paint, but since she was still at Hogsmeade, there was no way for her to do that. Her thoughts are cut short as the door opens, making her frown in wonder.

"Sirius?" She turns around to face the door, slightly pushing herself up in a sitting position. He sighs softly.

"Did I wake you? I didn't mean to. I just wanted to check that you're okay." He hums, making her shake her head.

"No you didn't. I couldn't sleep. What are you doing up?" She asks and he looks down nervously.

"Uh, nightmare." He says and her heart drops.

"Do you want to talk about it?" She asks, making him snap his head up and shake his head.

"I don't want to keep you up." He says and she gives him a look, that he probably doesn't see in the dark of the room.

"You won't. I can't sleep anyway. Come sit with me." She hums, patting the bed next to her, making him close the door and walk up to the bed. She feels the strap of the nightgown slip off her shoulder, making her remember what she was wearing and a bright blush rises to her cheek, as she pulls the strap up. "If you don't want to talk about the dream, we can just talk."

"It's just... home, well what I used to have to call home and the life my parents had wanted me to live. Sometimes it just haunts my dreams." He hums and she smiles softly, before leaning forward and hugging him. He lets out a breath as he hesitates to wrap his arms around her, but eventually doing it.

"I'm sorry. I can't imagine what it was like there. But you're okay now, you're here with me and not with them." She assures him and his grip around her tightens slightly, as if he was afraid this was still part of the nightmare and that she would disappear any minute now. "You won't ever have to do what they ask you."

"Thank you." He breaths out, making her feel confused.

"For what?"

"For being my sunshine." He hums and a blush rises to her cheek, as she pulls slightly away to look at him. Her eyes had adjusted to the darkness now and she could see him better. "You're adorable when you blush."

"What? Sirius, it's absolutely dark in here, how could you even know I'm blushing?" She asks in amusement and he chuckles.

"I know you well enough." He chuckles, making her hit him with a pillow. A moment of silence settles as she tries not to burst into laughter and he looks at her in disbelief. "Oh, so that's how it's going to be."

Before she can even say anything else, he tackles her onto the bed and starts tickling her, making squeal as she giggles. She tries to fight him off but she doesn't succeed as he continues. He chuckles softly as he stops and puts his hands on each side of her head to support himself. She tries to catch her breath as she looks up at him with a smile.

His smiles drops as his eyes roam down her body, her silk nightdress had risen up to her mid thighs, and one of the straps had slipped off her shoulder. Even in the darkness of the room, she could see his eyes darken and her breathing becomes short and fast. He clears his throat and pushes himself up, to get off the bed, making her let out a breath of disappointment. She sits up and pulls the strap up, not daring to meet his eyes.

"I should... go back." He says and she doesn't say anything in response. He sighs, before making his way out of the room. As he closes the door, she jumps to her feet, realising that she wasn't about to wait on him to make a move. She rushes to the door and slams it open just in time to see Sirius about to close his door.

He looks at her in both shock and confusion, but nothing is said as she determinedly makes her way up to him. She takes his jaw between her hands and pulls him down to connect their lips. Without hesitation he wraps his arms around her, pulling her closer as he kisses her back. After a while she pulls away to catch her breath, making him let out a deep breath.

"I kind of like this confident side of you. Where has it been?" He wonders, causing her to shrug her shoulders.

"Well you know. Someone once told me I should just let go. And live in the moment." She muses and he chuckles, as his hands trails down to her thighs before he hoists her up and she wraps her legs around him.

"Smart man." He hums, making her snort as they lean back to each other and reconnect their lips. He turns around to walk back into the room, using his foot to close the door behind him. He throws her on the bed, making her giggle as he crawls on top of her. He smiles down at her, before leaning down to kiss her.