12 | 𝒫𝒶𝓈𝓈𝒾𝑜𝓃, 𝒾𝓃𝓈𝓉𝒶𝓃𝓉 𝒮𝓌𝑒𝒶𝓉 𝒷𝑒𝒶𝒹𝓈, 𝒻𝑒𝑒𝓁 𝓂𝑒

IS THERE MORE

⚠️TW: SENSITIVE TOPICS MENTIONED; RAPE⚠️

THIRD PERSON

Another training unit was about to commence and Athena clenched her hands into fists to stop them from twitching, nerves building up but not once showing on her face. This training unit was specialized. It was an examination. If Athena managed to pass this exam, she would have finished this unit as the fastest one in the family. The unit? Profiling.

Beyond those walls would be a person that committed a felony, she would get a few details on their case and she would have to find out the rest. Kind of like putting the pieces together with a puzzle.

The room was cold and empty except for the two chairs, one table, one person chained to the pipe on the table, and the large window that mirrored the table.

"Hello," Athena greeted, her face not displaying a trace of emotion. He spared her a look before picking at his nails. "My name is..." She picked up and flipped through the file on the metal table, just out of reach from the male. "...Coleman,"

Silence.

She hummed, scrutinizing his appearance. This male had scratches running down the side of his neck, they weren't that deep but deep enough to know that he definitely took part in a fight. The scratches were three long ones and she assumed that they must have come from a woman's nails.
"Did that happen when you committed the crime?"

The man squinted his eyes, now stroking the side of his neck where the injury was. He had been stroking the other side of his neck and squinting from the second the woman stepped into the room. His face muscles were tight and pulled back, he clearly wasn't fond of Athena.

"My guess is, you raped that woman or were about to, and she resisted. That made you angry, didn't it? So you decided to beat her before you go through with that," His jaw ticked and his left foot began to jingle against the floor. "But I'm not here to go through the details like detectives would,"

"I did not rape that-"
"Okay." She interrupted him, which set him off even more and he began shouting. "It's your fault I'm here!" His mouth twitched before it drew back into a snarl. "Yours!"

The wheels in her mind worked rapidly, leading her to a prognosis that she kept to herself for the moment. "Okay, I apologize. Now, Joseph, tell me about your mother."

"I'm not going to tell you shit about that thing, what's wrong with you?"

"You had a sibling right? But he passed away when your were around five or six. Did your mother take her hurt out on you?"
Joseph's forehead began glistening with sweat beads. "You're such a bad person, you are damned,"

This was getting very interesting, very fast for Athena. Obviously, asking about his mother made him show a reaction that he didn't want to show in the first place.