𝟤𝟣 | 𝒬𝓊𝒾𝑒𝓇𝑜 𝓆𝓊𝑒 𝓁𝑜 𝓋𝑒𝒶', 𝓃𝑜 𝓅𝒾𝑒𝓃𝓈𝑒' 𝑒𝓃

DOLERME

—I want you to see it, don't try to stop me—

THIRD PERSON

Winter's eyes watered when she saw her first daughter load everything into her sleek black BMW, that Kye had gifted her. She clutched her husband's arm firmly almost painfully.

"I can't believe she's leaving," she whispered, pressing the palm of her right hand against her mouth.

Athena herself could not quite believe that the time to leave for college had arrived. Nonetheless, she was ready to experience something new and exciting, although she was more than sure that she would feel homesick and sad that her family would not be able to directly share.

That was why Kye and her made an agreement that she would come home at least every second weekend, even if it was going to be hard to follow through with it.

So after a huge hug which included 22 people, the girl and her husband were off.

Husband. The thought of that was still so foreign to her. They had their wedding short-term planned in the middle of summer, it was a magnificent experience for the couple and each and every person on the guest list.

Neither had wanted to go all out, so they were more than happy with their rather small wedding. Of course, Kenji and all the other leaders were there too. And as it so had happened, Hayden developed a humongous crush on Mateo's sister who had accompanied him and his girlfriend.

|<|<|<|<|<|

Athena looked to her mother, a slight question mark in her head because of a thought that wouldn't leaver her mind.

"Mamá?" She spoke up and Winter grinned at her lovingly. "Sí?"

The thoughts piled up in her mind and her mouth worked before her mind did, not that it was a bad or rude question. "Why do all of you, and I soon, wear the ring on the left hand? Isn't the right hand like better and more aesthetic or something?"

Winter giggled and took her daughter's hand in her own. "We wear our bands on our left ring fingers because—" she trailed a finger up Athena's arm before resting it on her heart, lightly tapping against the exposed bit of skin, "—our left hand connects us to our hearts. We love with our hearts as well as mind, body, and soul but on the left finger you have a direct connection to your loved ones."

"Oh," Athena exhaled, hands smoothing over the white fabric of her wedding dress around her waist. "That really is more aesthetic. Mamá, can you believe I am getting married? To Kye,"

Her mother only smiled gently, a bright twinkle shimmering in her eyes.

|>|>|>|>|>|