0 2 | 𝐿𝑒𝓉 𝓂𝑒 𝓂𝒶𝓀𝑒 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝓂𝒾𝓃𝑒

THE TRADE

THIRD PERSON

THIRD PERSON

The rest of the day went smoothly, lunch being an exception. Athena could not get rid of Alessio and he would not let her sit with Jay by herself.

"Ale, stop!"

"No, Athena you will not sit with him alone! Not on my watch!"

"Cabrear!"
(Piss off!)

"Tais-toi!"
(Be quiet!)

"Eres un cabrón!"
(You're an asshole!)

"Tu m'aimes!"
(You love me!)

"At the moment, I really do not."

"Compromise; I'll let you sit with him if I sit with you." Athena sighed, better than nothing. So they sat together in an awkward atmosphere throughout lunch. Alessio didn't even give Jay a chance, he completely shot him down, in his opinion, there was something not right about him. He didn't like his vibe.

Right after her last period, she made her way to her locker one last time where she met Jay again, "hey."

"Hi," she smiled, her embarrassment not having died down yet.

"So I wanted to ask if you would like to go out sometime?"

She was conflicted, Jay seemed like a really nice guy but her family would make a huge problem. However, she decided to not care for a moment.
"Sure!"

"Awesome! How about Friday?"

They discussed the small details of their upcoming date, exchanged phone numbers while wandering out of the school and soon enough they were outside.

Jay looked at her with a charming grin,
"Do you need a ride home?"

She was about to reply when her eyes caught sight of Kye's car. Her eyes widened and she quickly denied before bidding goodbye and hurrying to his car.

But it was too late, she hadn't seen him stepping out of the car so the moment their eyes connected, Athena knew he had seen.

"Kye?"

She waved her hand in front of his face but his gaze was fixed.

"Kye."

Nothing.

"Kye!"

He snapped out of it and looked down at her, "who was that?" He questioned.

"Just a...friend."