𝟤𝟦 | 𝒜 𝓂𝑜𝓂𝑒𝓃𝓉 𝒾𝓃 𝓉𝒾𝓂𝑒, 𝒹𝑜𝓃'𝓉 𝓌𝒶𝓉𝒸𝒽 𝓂𝑒 𝒸𝓇𝓎

DON'T WATCH ME CRY

KYE

I had never meant for it to get this far. I had expected it to be over quickly, something that would be forgotten and irrelevant in the future. Everything, except losing family.

But that was not the case and now I hated myself for it.

|<|<|<|<|<|

"Stop!" Chérie laughed.

I loved it when she laughed, more so when I was the reason for her glee. It made me feel like I had accomplished something in my life, something exceptionally more valuable than money or status.

My smirk was enough to sober her up and lift herself onto my lap, on our living room couch. The fact that she chose to sit on my lap instead of somewhere else on the large L-shaped couch made my heart swell painfully, even after all these years.

Emotions weren't my thing, they never were.

Yet, with her it was so different.

It felt as though, it was okay. Okay to sometimes let down the guard.

She was my weakness.

The least I wanted was for someone to interrupt moments like these, nonetheless that was more often the case than I preferred. A sigh escaped my mouth when I heard her phone ring.

"Hello?" She picked it up, smiling at me. It worried me to no end when her face contorted into a frown, pulling at her lips and creasing her eyebrows.

"Wait, wait—I said wait!" Her hand covered the microphone. "Where's your phone?"

I glanced up the stairs, I was sure it was in our bedroom.

"Yea, it's upstairs, that's why we didn't hear. Now, tell me what the fuck is going on!"

My posture straightened as I heard the words rapidly leaving the person's mouth, although I couldn't make out what they said.

The call finished soon and Athena instantly jumped up from my lap. "We have to go, right now!"

"Who was that?"

"Alessio. Something happened at the warehouses, Kye."

I felt the muscles in my jaw clench and a glare forming. I grabbed her hand and we instantly went upstairs to put on clothes.

"Alessio." I spoke after he picked up the phone. "What's happening?"

Alessio's voice was strained as he narrated everything down. One of our large warehouses had been robbed of the weapons and drugs, and multiple of our people were shot or severely injured. Alessio was at one of the warehouses now, but there was no one there anymore.