0 5 | 𝒜𝓁𝓁 𝒷𝓎 𝓂𝓎𝓈𝑒𝓁𝒻, 𝒶𝓁𝑜𝓃𝑒

MIND IS A PRISON

THIRD PERSON

"Where the hell have you been!" Hayes barked the second his daughter stepped into the house. Frowning, Winter hit his upper arm and turned to her daughter. "You promised to be here by 9,"

A tinge of guilt built in her tummy as she saw the concerned look her mother had on. Winter immediately left her husband's side and hugged her daughter, checking if a hair on top of her head was touched.

"Lo siento, mamá y papá. It won't happen again."
(I'm sorry)

"I hope it won't." Grunted Hayden from the side, where Athena hadn't seen him.
Winter ushered her daughter away from her husband and son to protect her from them squeezing every little piece of information about her whereabouts, out of her.

She informed her daughter of the whole family being in the living room and that she should freshen up and come sit with them since firstly, they were family and secondly, to stop everyone's increased worry.

The girl's heart warmed when she envisioned her large family and almost everyone worrying about her.

"Theenie!" A small voice yelled before Athena was attacked by two little bodies. "Hey, mis pequeños monstruos!"
(my little monsters)

They both grinned from ear to ear, making Athena laugh. "We missed you!" She took both the children by their hands and let them come upstairs with her to her room. The kids, Sofía and Sebastiano were her six-year-old twin cousins. Their mother was Athena's aunt and her father's sister, Leliana. The children lost their father and Leliana her husband a few days before she was found pregnant with twins.

"Bueno, I'm going to change in the bathroom real quick. Don't make a mess." Athena kissed both of their heads and hurriedly got to the bathroom to change. She called the twins monsters for a reason.

To her surprise, the two children were in the middle of her bed playing clapping games. "HA, I WIN!" Sofía shouted as soon as her brother got out of the rhythm, making him roll his eyes. She grinned and Sebastiano tackled her, tickling his younger sister by three minutes.

Athena smiled, she loved her cousins. "Tino, let your sister breath,"

After letting his sister break into another fit of giggles, he jumped up and off the bed to his cousin.

"Let's get downstairs."
The three took off downstairs, to the living room. Athena went around and kissed the cheeks of her family members.

"ATHENA!" Someone yelled before they flung themselves at her. Athena grunted and looked up to see who had thrown her to the floor with themselves on top of her. "Hi," Her closest friend grinned largely.

She put her hand on the girl's face and pushed it away. "I hate you, Valeriana."

Her mouth's corners widened larger. "I missed you, too, boo." Valeriana was a year older than Athena and Alessio. At eighteen, the girl was batshit crazy, you could say. Nothing like her younger sister, Vittoria, at all.