Chapter 2: The Hardship

Like most mornings, Yoongi woke up just past seven, though he never needed to. His job after all only started at 10 p.m.

But he woke up early nonetheless. His body probably wouldn't let him sleep in anyway. And it was just an added treat that he'd been able to actually get an actual evening sleep, so it wouldn't actually kill him to be awake at this time.

Pushing the covers off he trots out the bedroom, not bothering to open the curtains as he lazily walks to the kitchen in a pair of pajama pants and an old shirt that looked like it'd been through war itself, but it was comfortable and Yoongi loved it.

He walks into the kitchen to find Jimin leaning against the counter with a cup in one hand and his phone in the other. But after noticing Yoongi's presence, he looks up, flashing the older with a small smile.

"Morning." He says lowly, taking a sip of his drink.

Yoongi hums in reply, walking over to the cupboard to get himself a glass, tail out as it gently moves back and forth. At home was really the only time he had it out since people for some reason tended to pull at it when he was in public, finding it amusing when he'd hiss in pain at a harsh tug.

He hated it. Who wouldn't. It was annoying, rude and disrespectful, but a lot of people loved to do it, and he didn't know why the fuck they did. Sure it wasn't everyone that did it, but it was enough.

He was honestly grateful for the fact that he could control whether or not he wanted it out. If it weren't for his hybrid ears, people wouldn't even be able to tell if he was a hybrid or not. His ears were permanent.

But in a way he was actually glad he couldn't hide his ears. Because that would mean he was ashamed of what he was, that he was 'different'. But he wasn't ashamed of what he was, he was proud and he loved himself. His individualism was what made him who he was.

His mother, his friends and of course Jimin taught him that. It was hard to believe it sometimes, but over the years he'd gotten better and learned to love what he was, it was hard not to when the people he loved already did.

Support played a big part in his life, without it he'd probably be stuck in some hole believing what everyone told him. But he wasn't and he owed it all to the people around him.

"Yoon? Yoongi?"

Realising Jimin was trying to get his attention, he turns around to face him.

"Yeah?"

"You okay?" The concern in his voice makes Yoongi's heart flutter as he puts on a lazy smile.

"Yeah, I was just thinking." Jimin nods.

"Okay, well, I was just wondering if you wanted me to come fetch you tomorrow?" Yoongi shakes his head.

"You ask me this every time, I'm just gonna get a taxi, like usual."

Getting a glass, he goes over to the fridge, pouring himself some water before going over to Jimin and taking the space next to him.

"I know, but I'd prefer if I fetched you instead."

"Chim, I've had this routine for years. If I need you I'll call."

Pouting, Jimin takes a sip of what Yoongi smells to be coffee and goes back to his phone, almost instantly going into concentration mode as he types away.

This catches Yoongi's attention instantly as he eyes Jimin's phone from the corner of his eye, wondering what's got his friend so invested in his phone.

"Whatcha doing?" He asks quirking an eyebrow. Jimin only looks at him for a second before going back to his phone.

"Oh, I'm looking to see if anyone's advertising for job offers. There's a few, but the pay isn't really good, and they're based even further away from my current job."