Chapter 6: The Beginning

As Jimin drives off into the distance Yoongi huffs out a tired sigh, turning around to head into his place of work, shivering slightly as the evening's chilly wind gusts against his side. He was thankful he'd decided to put on his hoodie or else his ears probably would've fallen off.

Walking across the airily quiet lot he steps in through the bar's side door to the back room, nearly shitting himself when he looks up and sees one of his colleagues Eunhee sitting in a vacant chair just a few metres away.

He was the only other person in the room, being so involved in his phone that he hadn't even registered Yoongi's arrival.

Though when Yoongi's sneakers suddenly squeak against the concrete floor his head is up in not even a second, a startled look on his face.

"Jesus christ Yoongi, don't sneak up on people like that, you nearly gave me a heart attack." He complains slightly catching his breath.

"I didn't intentionally do it." Yoongi defends.

"Well just announce yourself next time." He retorts.

"Well maybe if you weren't so busy getting married to your phone you would've noticed when I entered." At this Eunhee shuts up, putting his phone away to the side as Yoongi simpers in victory, walking across the room to put his bag down and clock in.

"You on your break?" Yoongi asks, breaking the silence.

"Uh, yeah. I've got a few minutes left." Yoongi hums, getting his phone to check the time. His shift started in five minutes, before he'd have to go out and endure the pain that is his job.

"Better enjoy it while you can, today's Saturday and you know what that means," says Yoongi with a sigh. Eunhee nods with a hum.

"Yep, I already had to deal with Miss Chung, though luckily she left about an hour ago." Yoongi laughs as Eunhee cringes scrunching up his nose.

"Oh, so did she finally succeed in getting your number?" He asks suggestively flexing his brows.

"Oh fuck no. I'd rather hit on boss than give her my number."

It's Yoongi's turn to cringe, putting his phone away before walking over to the table. "The day you hit on boss will be the day I grow ten feet tall." He jokes.

Before Eunhee can reply the door to the bar opens and in walks their boss, stone, emotionless face as usual plastered on. "Speak of the devil." He mumbles under his breath.

"Ah Min! Good, you're here, I need you at the bar it's busy tonight and I've got a lot of waiting customers and drinks that aren't going to make themselves. So get out there, and I don't want any problems you hear me?"

"Yes Sir." He says trying not to sound too irritated.

"Good. And Gwhun, get up, you have a job to do I'm not paying you to sit around on your ass the whole time."

"I'm on break Sir."

"Well your break's over, get to work."

Although Eunhee's face looks calm and unbothered Yoongi can see he's got his fists clenched as he tries not to show his anger while replying. "Yes Sir."

Is all he says before leaving the room, Yoongi not far behind him heading towards his place behind the bar while Eunhee goes to clean the tables and take orders.

"Evening Hyung." Greets Yeonjun as Yoongi comes to stand beside him, almost instantly being asked for a refill of someone's whisky.

"Evening." He replies refilling the man's glass.