Chapter 14: The Greatest Day

"Ooh, okay... how about this one?"

"Seriously? A motor shop?"

"What? It could be exciting, and something new for you to try out."

"Chim, for one; they would never hire me because I know next to nothing about mechanics, and secondly; I'm not spending my day getting my hands full of oil and soot while I probably get high off the fumes."

"Come on, you're overreacting. And I meant like you can maybe be the person that like helps around and stuff."

"Like an assistant? No. Besides, I don't think they even have those in a work shop."

Jimin shrugs, leaning in closer over Yoongi's shoulder to get a better look at the computer screen.

They were currently looking through hiring businesses to see if any of them where any good, but so far Yoongi has found none that work for him.

"Oh! What about that new restaurant that opened up... Sauté? I hear it's pretty popular."

"Yeah, I guess. But I'm looking for a day job and I feel like business there would probably only pick up in the evening."

"Fair. Well I'm sure something well come up, and if worse comes to worse you can always apply for a job at Motors & Oil." Yoongi scoffs and Jimin snickers.

"Kidding kidding, I'm sure something will come up though."

"Yeah, I know. It just won't be easy, I mean never mind the usual stuff, some businesses just don't want to hire hybrids. They may not come right out and say it, but their employee lists show it."

Closing the computer, Yoongi moves it onto the table before sitting up and heading into the kitchen to put the kettle on.

From the lounge Jimin sighs, a hand coming to run through his hair. "I've noticed though that a lot more people have been employing hybrids recently, a lot of big brand companies as well."

"Yeah but that doesn't change the fact that the majority of them are probably only doing it because they have to, and that just makes it all the more degrading."

Jimin comes through to the kitchen, leaning against the door frame as he looks at Yoongi, who side-eyes him in confusion.

"What? Why are you looking at me like that?"

"Anyone would be a fool not to hire you. You're good at everything you do, and you catch onto things fast. Trust me Yoon, you'll find the right job, maybe not today, but you will."

Yoongi nods, turning away as he pours the hot water into his mug, his teeth clasping his bottom lip as he tries his hardest not to smile like a fool over a few nice words.

"You know what, why don't we go out tonight?" Yoongi frowns, turning to look at Jimin.

"What do you mean?"

"You know, like for dinner. It's been a while since we've gone out to eat. It could be nice, a chance to get out instead of staying cramped up in this apartment."

"Chim, I don't know..."

"Oh come on, when was the last time we went out and ate together?"

"I don't know, my birthday?..."

"Yes, and that was two months ago. Come on, I mean who knows, maybe this'll be the night something amazing happens that marks today as the greatest day of your life."

"Really? This is how you're going to con me into going out with you?" Jimin shrugs.

"It's working isn't it?"