Chapter 8: The Other Man

Yoongi had a plan, a half-witted plan albeit, but a plan nonetheless.

Had he brainstormed though the whole of his shift last night to come up with a plan? Yes. Was he proud of the one he'd decided to go with? No.

It was immature, selfish, petty, would probably not help him in the least, and the list went on. But did he care? No, not really.

The human and rashinal side of him was disappointed in himself and re-thinking it's existence. All the while the primitive and instinctual side of him was blind to all the faults.

Since the very first day he and Jimin had met Yoongi had felt this bond between them, well sort of. It wasn't the type of bond you read about wherein it involved two people being soulmates or a pair destined to fall in love, no. It was a bond born from gratitude, acknowlement and kindness.

It all began when they were younger, twenty years younger to be exact.

<<<{

It all first started in his first week of grade one. And just like the first three days, Yoongi was all by himself.

It was during recess and he was sitting alone by himself in the far right corner of the outside play area in front of a ground-level bird bath, but the birds never used it and today was no different.

All the other kids were running around playing with their playmates, shreaking loudly out of joy as they had fun. He did feel a little envious of them but he was okay with it.

He would've tried to go and make friends with the other kids, but he lacked the courage and was too shy to, feeling more comfortable in his lone bubble of seclusion.

He also felt a little self-concious about what he was, even if it was both a hybrid and human school. There were plenty of other hybrids in his class, yet he still felt like the odd one out.

But as he sat there, his small hands playing in the bird bath's water as it rippled and made hypnotizing patterns, the sudden sound of nearing footsteps became instantly noticeable.

He didn't want to look behind him, nerves spiking increasingly, his five year old brain assuming the worst out of something so simple.

When the footsteps could no longer be heard, Yoongi became very aware of the fact that the person that'd previously been walking over to him was now standing right beside him, and as much as he didn't want to, he turned to look up at them.

His mother had said it was important to be nice to people, especially if he'd just met them. Of course that didn't apply to old strange people who were trying to get him to come with them.

Taking a quick intake he looks up to see a human boy around his height looking down at him. Cheeks chubby with baby fat and wearing an outfit that gave away his cheerful personality, even to a five year old.

"What are you doing?" Asked the boy with a sparkling curiosity in his big eyes.

"I'm playing with the water."

"Why?"

"'Cause it looks cool." The boy 'oh's, seeming to understand.

"Why are you by yourself?"

"'Cause I'm too afraid to go play with the other kids." He admits shyly, the boy gasps dramatically.

"But... why?" Yoongi shrugs, a sad look on his face as he turns back to look at the small body of water.

"That's not okay." The boy says with a cute pout.

"I don't mind, I'm fine with being alone." He says with a half-hearted shrug.