Chapter 22: Home Alone

Yoongi was sat on his desk, staring out the window and across to the other building, his gaze occasionally shifting to look to the sky and the street below. His stare was lazy, eyes slit as his tail swished from side to side as he watched, what he was looking at? Nothing in particular, he'd just been observing to pass time.

Sun peaked through the window and blanketed his small form in warmth, the sensation bringing comfort to his fur and leaving him in an almost sleepy haze. He'd yawn every few minutes, mouth wide and fangs pointed. Each yawn seeming to only make him more tired.

It was around mid day and he was the only one home. Jimin had left two hours ago to go see Dae-Seon, to spend the day at his place and then come home later. So Yoongi would be alone for the next few hours, and he didn't know what to do with himself to pass the time.

So he'd just been staring out the window for what felt like an eternity by now in his cat form. So far the only interesting things he'd seen were a pair of birds dancing around together as they flew and a gay couple that'd been walking by in pride flag themed outfits. That made him smile, or what at least felt like a smile to him, though he imagined it didn't come out looking that way in his cat form.

Jumping down from his desk, Yoongi stretches out, his claws extending as he yawns. Walking over to his door, he nudges it with his head, closing it. Then he goes over to his bed, starting to shift bad into human form.

A tingly numbing feeling takes over his muscles as his bones extend and grow, the molecules and atoms in his body coming together to change his inside, his DNA compound and build changing with his shifting.

It was a bit of a weird thing to try and describe, his shifting. To humans, it was such a fascinating concept, even to Jimin and he'd seen him do it countless times. And yes, in the beginning he'd been amazed by it as well, having the ability to change forms. But after a while, it became the norm, nothing all too amazing. It just became something he could do.

As a teenager, he'd based off a lot of his school assignments and papers on the history of Hybrids. It had been one of his favourite things to research and study. As much as being a Hybrid had brought him a lot of trouble and caused a lot of issues and anxiety in his earlier years, he had still been able to find the good in it as well. With that, and the help of the people he loved, he was able to accept and embrace who and what he was.

Now in human form, he gets up from the floor, very much naked and with the slight feeling of pins and needles dancing around and all over his body, his scalp feeling a bit itchy.

Grabbing the towel that was laying over his bed and a pair of new clothes he wraps the towel around his waist and heads out to the bathroom. Even if Jimin wasn't home, the last thing Yoongi wanted to risk was the younger walking into the apartment to find him butt naked. That was something he was going to avoid at all costs.

Getting into the bathroom, he turns the shower on before going to close the door. Putting his towel on the rack and his clothes on the small wooden cabinet. By now steam has already started to form, wafting over the shower's walls and through the door. Yoongi's skin tingled as the hair on his body stood at attention and goosebumps began to form.

Yoongi exhaled a shaky, content sigh at the relaxing feeling of water running down and over his skin, the tingly, pins and needles sensation slowly fading away, and the itchiness on his scalp also starts going away as he rinses his hair.

Yoongi would usually always shower after shifting, it helped with the sensations that would occur after changing. Because it almost felt like he was still covered in his cat fur, which wasn't something he liked feeling when he was in human form, it never felt right and he'd often find himself subconciously scratching at his skin.