Chapter 18: Long Time No See

"Seok."

Comes Jimin's voice from behind him, surprise evident in his tone, though pleasantly surprised as he wastes no time in coming forward to wrap the elder in a tight hug, to which Hoseok responds, arms wrapped around Jimin's torso.

He smiles at the Hybrid from over Jimin's shoulder, and as the two pull away Yoongi goes to give the elder a hug as well, arms wrapping tightly around each other.

Head to the side, Yoongi spots a familiar canvas backpack just beside Hoseok's feet. He pulls away, staring questioningly at the taller male. "Did you just get back?"

"Yes, well no. I went to meet with my father after arriving at the airport, so kinda." He shrugs, smile ever present. "I thought it was only right that I come to see you guys."

"Of course." Chuckles Yoongi with his gums out and nose crinkled.

Realising that they were basically standing out in the hallway, Yoongi ushers the elder in. "Come inside, I can imagine you must be a bit tired from your trip back."

"Actually, not really. I slept pretty much all the way through the train ride, it was only about an hour and a half anyway." He says picking up his backpack, Yoongi steps aside to let him in, closing the door after.

"You can put your bag over their, by the bookshelf," directs Jimin. Hoseok nods and goes to do just that. The three go to sit down. Jimin and Yoongi move to their previous spots on the three-seater while Hoseok takes the armchair.

"Sorry if I interrupted your guys's night. My phone's battery died a few days ago and I just hadn't charged it. But I wanted to come see you guys."

Yoongi huffs, dismissing him. "No, it's fine, I'm honestly really happy to see you. It's been too long." He pulls his legs up onto the couch, getting more comfortable. "Where did you just get back from?"

"Oeam Village."

"Really?" Asks Jimin. Hoseok nods.

"Yeah, I was there for the last three months. It was honestly really nice. I spent my time around the village helping the residents, I did some construction work on some of the homes they were building and fixing up as well, and honestly the scenery was beautiful."

Yoongi smiles hearing that, feeling happy that his friend was living his life the way he'd always wanted. For the past year Hoseok has been travelling all over the country, visiting all the cities and towns he could.

They had met back in their first year of high school, and although they hadn't ended up going to the same college they still kept in touch and hung out all the time, even with their different social standings and family back rounds.

Hoseok actually came from a very wealthy family, to say they lived a comfortable would be an understatement. His parents are shareholders of a very successful and well known law firm, they were in the top three of the country actually. So you could say they'd done pretty well for themselves.

However, it had been made clear even before Hoseok's college years that they expected for him to join them in their business. Which Hoseok had been completely against in the beginning, arguing that he wanted to travel and see the world instead of sit in an office and deal with other people's problems.

So in the end they came up with a deal; they gave him five years to do whatever he wanted, to travel and see the world just as he wanted, experience what he wanted to experience. So Hoseok worked hard, studied and got his PhD, which pleased his parents, and about two months later he was off to the other side of the country.

That was three years ago already. He'd already visited a few places in Japan, as well as Greece, Prague, Beijing, backpacked through São Paulo, as well as one or two other places. But for the past year he's just been travelling around Korea, having decided that he wanted to discover and learn more about his own culture.