Chapter 10: Hopeless Wishes

Yoongi was indeed surprised when two of his old friends walked through the door, big smiles plastered on their faces as they greeted Jimin before stepping into the apartment. And it was even more of a pleasant surprise when he saw the little boy with them.

"Hyung, Joon-hyung!"

Putting his glass down he goes to greet the couple and child, arms open as he embraces both of them.

"It's been so long! My gosh! And look at you, hello little man." He coos down at the little boy, making sure not to breath directly on his face. The boy shies away, hiding his face into Namjoons chest.

"Awe, Hyuseek, don't you remember uncle Yoongi?" Asks Jin. Hyuseek nods his head into Namjoon's chest with a small 'mmhm'.

"Then why don't you say hello?"

Hyuseek peeks his face out, a natural blush dusted on his tanned skin, his big blue and brown eyes melting Yoongi's heart. "Hello uncle Yoongi." He says quietly before hiding his face again.

Yoongi chuckles ruffling the boy's hair before straightening up to look back at the parents, showing his bright smile. Byeong comes up behind him to greet the new arrivals, as well as the shy toddler.

"Gosh! It feels like it's been forever since I've seen you guys, how's everything going?" He asks motioning them to sit down.

They move on to the three seater, Byeong occupies the empty slot and Jimin moves to sit on the armchair with Yoongi on the armrest, drink once again in hand.

"We're doing pretty good, things have been going well, and of course there's never a dull moment when this guy's around." Says Namjoon placing Hyuseek on his lap, giving him a kiss on his crown. Hyuseek giggles before busying himself with his dad's bracelet.

"Daddy says that me and appa make him very happy." Says Hyuseek shyly, his voice quiet and timid.

Yoongi stares adoringly at the couple and their son, a feeling happiness and pride welling up inside of him at the scene before him. Jin and Namjoon had adopted Hyuseek when he was just a baby. The boys father was never in the picture and no one had any information on him, he could be dead for all they knew. And his mother had sadly died after giving birth to him. Yoongi didn't know the details but apparently she had some underlining illness and had been to weak to survive after conception.

It was sad and unfortunate, but at the same time it opened up a new opportunity for Jin and Namjoon, because with her passing came something beautiful; a family. Something his friends had wanted to start since the day they tied the knot. And he couldn't be happier for his hyungs now that they finally had it.

"Really?" He asks lowering his voice a bit, speaking in a gentle tone. Hyuseek nods, his shyness slowly fading as he becomes more comfortable.

"Mhmm, and appa says that he loves us too."

"Yeah, and do you also love them?"

"Yes!" He exclaims with a wide grin, his whole face lighting up as he wiggles around slightly. "And I really love it when daddy gives us panda hugs, he's so soft like my pillow." Chuckles and fond smiles fill the room as the little boy goes back to playing with Namjoon's bracelets, humming to himself quietly.

Namjoon was a panda hybrid, so Yoongi assumes that's what Hyuseek meant by panda hugs, Namjoon had a thing for giving people hugs as well. He used to say it made him happy because it was a form of showing love and affection, an exchange of mutual emotions.

Sliding off the armrest, Yoongi speaks up, "would you guys like anything to drink? We have coffee, tea, water or orange juice." Jin and Namjoon both answer with water and Hyuseek raises his arm for tea. Yoongi nods before heading into the kitchen, putting the kettle on before grabbing the glasses and a mug.