Chapter 28: Restless

It was early, too early really. It was around the time that people woke up to catch long flights, or when nurses and doctors got off double shifts. The sun wasn't even up yet, birds where just starting to make their presence known and hardly any cars were on the road this side of town, though they could be heard off in the distance.

With a cup of tea on the table in front of him Jimin sat on the armchair with his computer resting on his lap, his fingers trailing and pressing down on its keys with a satisfying tune to them as they clicked.

The computer's screen light illuminates Jimin's face, bathing it in a dull filter, almost goolish-like, and with Jimin's tried, sleep lacking eyes, it made it all the more intense. And although he couldn't see himself, Jimin could feel it, he knew he looked half dead. But it couldn't be helped.

He'd first woken up just after four, having gone to bed shortly after getting home from dropping Yoongi off at work. It wasn't nearly a long enough sleep, even with the nap he'd had before that. However it didn't seem like his brain cared much about that, considering it was his thoughts that had been the thing to wake him up.

It wasn't unusual for his thoughts to keep him up some nights, though those thoughts where generally about life as he had an midnight existential crisis. This however was not the case this time. His crisis this time has arisen from confusion, and perhaps over-thinking.

Lately he's been feeling different, odd in a sense. It'd all started the day after their game night, since then things have been strange, or rather; confusing. That night had been fun, he'd enjoyed himself a lot. It was the next morning though, that he hadn't been too happy with, and the answer had been pretty clear as to why that was.

It was Yoongi and Junhee, the two of them together being all friendly and close had upset him, he was willing to admit that. It felt like when Junhee was around he was forgotten, or pushed to the side, no longer the focus of Yoongi's attention. It wasn't something he was used to, and he didn't like the feeling.

He couldn't tell if it was envy or jealousy, yes the two where quiet similar, but there was a slight difference between the two and that's what Jimin was holding onto, because he felt that the second option insinuated a lot more than the first, which he wasn't ready to think about.

It was clear that seeing them together wasn't something that brought him copious amounts of joy, if anything it brought him hurt and irritation. Like he'd said before, he wasn't used to Yoongi not paying attention to him or treating him differently from how he usually would.

Literally the only time they had talked or spent more than a few moments together with each other was before they went to sleep, otherwise Yoongi had been busy with everyone else, Junhee especially it felt like.

They're friends, he gets it. But what he doesn't get is why Junhee comes by the bar almost everyone morning to give Yoongi a ride home. It could be said that he was just doing it out of the kindness of his heart, but it wasn't like they were that close, they've known each other for all of like two months.

That brought up the question of what if Junhee was doing it because he has a thing for his best friend. It wouldn't be all that much of a twist, Jimin had seen a lot of guys going out of their way to do things just to maybe get a chance with Yoongi. He didn't like that thought though.

And that was what he was dealing with, what was keeping him up, restless with his mind unable to shut up and let him get some sleep. He tried distracting himself with work, which wasn't proving to help much at all. The thought that he had to leave for work in the next two hours didn't help his mood either. With so little sleep he wasn't sure how he was going to make it through the day.