Chapter 12: Boy On The Bleachers

It was late, the sun long gone and it still had long to go before it would rise once again.

It was cold, even under the three layers of fluffy, thick blankets that Yoongi had over himself. Sure he was warming up, his own body heat assisting him in the prosses, but it wasn't happening as fast as he'd like it to.

Laying on his side, Yoongi gazed out his window, the curtains wide open as he hadn't felt like closing them. Outside, behind the protective glass barrier, rain fell from the dark grim sky. Clouds of deep grey hung from above, and every few minutes lightening lit the sky up like a switch, for a brief moment turning night into day.

The crack would always sound first, the friction giving way to the loud boom that came after, and Yoongi could feel the quakes resonating throughout the room.

The rain was getting heavier by the minute and the storm closer, Yoongi could tell by how the time between each strike lessened, each one sounding sooner than the last.

Yoongi loved thouderstorms, the rain and lightening. It seemed every streak came out a different colour, blue, white, red, orange or purple, and they were beautiful. Each unique in shape and length, and always a complete contrast to the view behind it.

The sound blocked out all other noises, the pelting sound against his windows was becoming louder as time passed and it even seemed to drown out his own thoughts.

The storm had only started in the last half hour, seeming to come out of nowhere, fierce as anything and ready to wash away all unpleasant thoughts with it's melodious orchestra.

Though in the midst of enjoying the sky's colourful show, Yoongi could hear the little voice in the back of his mind as it talked to him.

The thing was, though he liked storms and they often brought him a sense of peace and relaxation, they did not however, have the same affect on Jimin. In fact the younger was quite scared of them. So whenever it stormed Jimin would usually come to him for comfort and they would huddle up together and watch a movie till it passed over and then go back to doing their own things.

So Yoongi was actaully waiting for Jimin to come to his room, he usual did. Except he had been waiting since the storm had started and Jimin still hadn't come through. Jimin had very sensitive ears, any form of loud noise hurt his eardrums, so he tended to stay clear of places that played loud music and big social gatherings because the sound of multiple voices speaking over one another in small spaces put him on edge as well as agitated his ears. They weren't that bad in his younger years, but had become more so in recent years.

Another couple more minutes had gone by and Jimin was yet to be seen, so Yoongi had decided to go check on him, just to make sure everything was okay. Maybe he'd just put his ear buds in?

Pulling the duvet off, Yoongi begins to get up, swinging his legs over the edge when something at the corner of his eye catches his attention; his door was being opened, with Jimin on the other side.

Yoongi quickly retracts his legs, bringing them back onto the bed as he turns to the younger, who clearly looked to be on edge.

Jimin walks into the room, closing the door behind him before walking over to the bed. Yoongi pats the space beside him and the younger is soon getting on the bed.

"You okay?"

Jimin nods avoiding eye contact. "I tried to see if I could wait it out and just put my ear buds in but it just didn't work." Yoongi hums, despite the fact that he knew Jimin wouldn't hear it.

Yoongi urges Jimin to get under the duvet with him and he complies. Scooting closer to the younger, Yoongi lifts his arm up to place over Jimin's waist, grabbing his hand on the other side before lacing his fingers over Jimin's.