Chapter 13: Reality At Its Finest

Yoongi walked at a slow, even pace. A warm cup of coffee clutched in his hands that he'd ordered not too long ago.

A black beanie clothed the top of his head, effectively covering his cat ears, but only the tips of his human ones. He wore a heavy grey coat, beige turtleneck and his favourite pair of dark blue denim jeans, as well as a comfy pair of white sneakers.

His hands were bordering on the point of being numb, he sighed to himself, wondering how he could've forgotten his gloves, but either way, the warm coffee cup would suffice for now.

It was coudy and bleak, the sun - despite it being the afternoon - was nowhere to be seen, leaving the cold to creap into everything corner and crevice it could. Now Yoongi would usually prefer to stay inside on a day like this, but he'd felt like he needed to get out of the apartment, go for a walk and clear his mind.

His walking comes to a brief holt as he stops on a curb, checking for cars before he crosses the road, his destination just ahead. Searching for the nearest bench his walk continues for a few more moments before finding one of the steel structures.

It was days like this he thought it might snow, though he knew it would never happen, not in this part of the world. It saddened him to think that he'd probably never get to see snow, for himself, not through a man-made object made of wires and plastic.

It did snow in Seoul and it's bordering provinces once upon a time, but that'd been almost sixty years ago, and even then it'd been a light drizzle. Scientists and meteorologists had concluded something had shifted in the hemisphere and had changed most of South Korea's climate, which in turn stopped the snowing. The closest thing they got was hail, not nearly as magical as snow.

But who knows, maybe one day he'd get to travel and see more of this vast planet he called home, maybe then he'd finally get to see a snowfall and touch the romanizised frozen flakes, watching as it melted against his skin and stuck to his hair.

Exhaling softly he takes a sip of his warm drink, calming when it's warmth spreads through him. It'd been quite some time since he'd done this, coming outside and just enjoying what mother nature had to offer.

It was easy to get caught up in all the life draining adult problems. And with all the bad and horrible things that were going on in the the world it was nice to just have a moment of peace, let time slow down and just breathe.

These past few days had been quite rough for him and all he wanted was to find a moment of calmness, solitude. A moment of peace away from all his thoughts and problems. It was like his mind was a maze and instead of finding his way out he was only sinking deeper into it's depths.

He'd been looking through job applications trying to find something that worked for him. He honestly wasn't being picky at this point. He'd been working at that bar for far too long, he had initially planned for it to be a temporary job so they could make rent and pay their bills until he found something else, but it's been four years and he's still working there.

He just couldn't do it anymore, his working hours were no help for his health and he was tired of spending his days alone in the apartment with nothing to do. But he couldn't just quit, as much as he hates that hell hole it paid the bills and kept him fed.

Either way, he needed a change. After all, change is good and Lord knows he could use some good in his life right now. He didn't really care what form it came in, he just needed it.

About to take a sip of his drink, Yoongi is stopped midway by the vibration of his phone. Shifting his position he reaches for the device in his coat pocket.

P. Junhee:
Thought of you when I saw this.

Clicking on the attached image, Yoongi chuckles looking at the edited picture of a cat dressed in a police uniform holding a gun and a sign that read 'fuck with me and you'll get a lot more than this up your ass'.