Chapter 29: Just Friends

"God, I think this is definitely my favourite time of year, like screw all the year's holidays and shit, pride month is really like the best time of the year."

Yoongi hums in agreement with Byeong as he goes through his drawers in search of a decent outfit that would suit the occasion. The two were video calling and had been for the past twenty minutes as they got ready to go out.

Yoongi had his phone standing up on top of his drawers while Byeong had his in hand, walking all over his room and apartment. It seemed like every item he looked for was located in a different part of his apartment.

"Yeah, I mean besides all the unnecessary shit that gets stirred up this is definitely a great time of year, for those who celebrate it at least." Says Yoongi grabbing one of his more colourful shirts from the drawer, deeming it a good enough choice.

Byeong snorts, placing his phone down so he could change his pants. "I'm honestly so glad that my life turned out the way it did. As a kid I used to think that life just sucked and that nothing could ever change that. But as I got older and I started to grow into and discover myself more I started to see the beauty in life. I realised that when you stop worrying about all the things that you can't control life gets a better."

Yoongi hums, taking his shirt off to replace it with the new one. "That's easier said than done though, takes a lot of time and discipline to get to the point where you can actually accept that what's out of your control is out of your control." Byeong shrugs, zipping up his jeans.

"Yeah, but it's worth it for the relief at the end of the day... What do you think of these pants? Do you think they fit me okay, I haven't worn them in a while." Says the Wolf, picking the phone back up so he could get a better angle for Yoongi.

"They look good on you, and don't worry, they fit just fine. What do you think of this shirt?" He asks moving back so the younger could see it a bit more clearly. It was a white button up with Chinese styled artwork over the chest area in the form of a tree detailed with small green leaves and purple flowers, it was quite eye-catching.

"I'm thinking of pairing it with black slacks and my white coat."

"Yeah no, definitely go with that, you'll look great." Says Byeong looking for a shirt of his own. "You'll definitely turn more than a few heads, maybe even a certain someone's."

Yoongi frowns, confused. "Who? Don't tell me you're talking about Junhee?"

"I won't then."

Yoongi chuckles exasperatedly. "Byeong, there's nothing going on between us, we're just friends okay." The wolf gives him a look, squinting at him.

"Yeah, but you can't tell me that you've never thought about him as being anything else. I saw that man, and not only is he one hell of a looker he's nice and respectful as fuck."

"Careful Kwan, your boyfriend might get jealous." He jokes shaking his head, the younger rolls his eyes. "And no I haven't, but even if I had I still wouldn't have tried anything because for one he's just gotten out of long-term relationship and... Hoseok likes him."

"What?" Asks Byeong, his mouth dropping open. Yoongi nods in confirmation. "I know I joked about it that night, but I didn't actually think it was true... since when?"

"From the first time he saw him I guess." Says Yoongi, shrugging.

"Well, it's not like anything's going to happen with them, I mean Seok's not done with his travelling and basically starting off with a long-distance relationship is never going to get you anywhere."

"It doesn't matter, if Seok likes him then I'm not going to think about even the possibility of Jun and I being anything more than friends, I don't have any romantic feeling's for him anyway and I really like him as a friend."