Chapter 31: Take A Chance

Change.

A simple word with a multitude of implications and meanings. Simple, yes. But given the right context it can hold a much deeper underlining meaning.

For example, from the outside you would say that nothing has changed between Yoongi and Jimin, and if you were to ask Yoongi if that were true, he'd say yes, for the most part. Because while on one hand he feels that nothing has really changed between him and the younger, while on the other at the same time it feels like the tectonic plates of their relationship have shifted and the very core of their lives have changed.

Suddenly every glance that would've been written off as just that has the possibility of being something more each time one of them catches the other staring. The brush of a hand suddenly has a deeper meaning, every smile, laugh and frown has more weight.

The change was big, and yet it felt like it'd managed to slither its' way in like it'd always been there.

Yoongi kept on having to remind himself that Jimin was no longer only his best friend, but more. After a year of hoping and wondering if anything was going to happen, like a bomb it dropped and left him with a feeling of shock. Every time he looked at Jimin he remembered the look on his face when he'd come home from Byeongs', his puffy red eyes that held so much sadness and remorse for what he'd done. Seeing him like that broke the Hybrid, and almost a week later he still felt affected by it.

As much as it felt like nothing had changed between them that wasn't true, because he couldn't deny that Jimin has indeed changed. Through Yoongi's eyes it seems like the younger has become far more attentive towards him, as well as affectionate. They were of course already close, but everything felt different now.

Jimin seemed to be going the extra mile to appease him, show him that he was being genuine about his feelings, which Yoongi wasn't doubting in the least.

With all the sudden attention he was getting the Hybrid often found himself feeling overwhelmed, though he wasn't sure it was the bad kind. Nothing major has happened between them yet, and either of them has yet to make a move. Besides Jimin holding his hand a couple times while watching a move or series they haven't done more.

Call Yoongi crazy though, because he could swear that Jimin has wanted to make a move more than once, whether it be in his body language or a glance Yoongi's way that lasts longer than expected.

However, Yoongi wasn't exactly innocent either. More often than once he's found himself wanting to pull his best friend close just to smash their lips together. But of course he would never do something like that out of the blue, no matter how much he wanted to.

Just maybe though, the possibility of something like that wasn't too far off. While nothing intimate has happened between them as of yet, Yoongi had a feeling that they might actually end up becoming something more. He could feel it, there was a spark between them, that feeling you get when you know that your feelings aren't one sided, which obviously his feelings weren't, it was just that it felt like there was a chance that this could work out for them.

The big question though, is which of them is going to take that leap of faith first and cross that line between friend ship and becoming more.

***

Humming softly, Jimin walks into the apartment, taking note of the silence that greets him, which could only mean a few things.

Heading into his room he puts his bag away and changes out of his suit into more comfortable clothes. Afterwards he heads over to Yoongi's room, rapping on the door lightly to see if Yoongi was awake or perhaps just had his headphones on. After no answer from the elder he decides to go in and see for himself.