Chapter 20: Dine With Me

Yoongi stood beneath the shower head, the warm water falling down against his chest hardly felt as his mind takes up all his focus, his thoughts keeping his attention as he goes over what'd happened earlier with Jimin, because as hard as he tried he couldn't get over it.

Sure it was nothing new for them to cuddle, but it was never like that, so close, so intimate like. He couldn't confirm that he wasn't making it all up in his head, 'cause he could easily be doing just that, getting carried away.

But what he was struggling most with was how being with Jimin like that had made him feel, and he felt so guilty for it. All he'd wanted was for that moment to last forever, he wanted for maybe even something more to happen. At the time guilt was the last emotion he'd been feeling, but now it was almost all he felt.

He was thinking about Dae-Seon, and how although he was unaware of Yoongi's feelings for Jimin, he still deserved to be affiliated with the situation, because even though his and Jimin's relationship hadn't been defined yet, they still at least had some form of a relationship, whereas Yoongi was nothing more than Jimin's friend.

Even with that knowledge, Yoongi still wanted Jimin to be his boyfriend, he still thought about what it would be like to date him, to hold him just as he had earlier, and he felt guilty because he didn't in all honestly feel that guilty about not taking Jimin and Dae-Seon's relationship into account.

He felt guilty for not feeling guilty. Even though it wasn't like he and Jimin were having an affair or were secret lovers. Jimin was just starting to build a relationship with the guy, taking things slow to see how they go, and Yoongi needed to respect that, he needed to stop thinking about Jimin the way he does.

Because besides all that other stuff, he was also simply setting himself up for heartbreak. Which was the last thing he wanted. Then again, he didn't really have all that much of a choice. The heart wants what it wants after all, and his wanted Jimin. But the guilt had also begun to play its own tune in his head.

Stepping out of the shower, Yoongi quickly dries his upper body as best he can before wrapping the towel around his waste. With a soft sigh he looks at himself through the mirror. He knew he'd messed up when he hadn't instantly gotten rid of his feelings for Jimin the same time he started developing them.

Now he'd only screwed things up for himself, because he was stuck in a situation where he was both aware of the problem, as well as pretending like he was not, at the same time. He wanted Jimin, yet he felt guilty and undeserving.

Fuck, it wasn't that complicated, so why was he acting like he'd gotten himself jumbled up in a web ten times bigger than himself. Yoongi laughs, feeling like he was slowly going insane.

Stepping out of the bathroom, he walks down the hall to his room, needing to get dried properly so he could get changed. Hoseok had texted him about an hour ago to tell them that he'd be picking them up just after six, telling them to dress nicely as well. Saying that they weren't going anywhere too fancy, but it wasn't like a corner restaurant or diner type of situation either.

Closing the door behind him, he goes to close his windows, not wanting the wind to blow against his still partially wet skin. He rummages through his drawers, picking out his most descent clothing items he can find as he lays them on his bed, staring as them intently as he tried to match them together properly.

Five minutes later and he's finally found an outfit that he's satisfied with, declaring that he looked quite handsome, if he did say so himself. Dressed in a black button down shirt and a pair of dark blue jeans, Yoongi dries his hair properly and decides to put on a pair of small hoop earrings since he hadn't worn any earrings for a while.