Chapter 15: Lead Us Astray

Yoongi was mindlessly humming along to whatever Jimin had to say, not really caring about the details of things that had to do with his date, all the information was really just going in one ear and coming right out the other.

Jimin had been blabbering on for the past few minutes, and while Yoongi had bothered to listen during the first half, he soon decided the last thing he wanted to hear about today was Jimin and Dae-Seon's plans for their date.

Immature or not, he had his reasons, and he thought them to be completely and totally valid.

"And then I thi- Hyung, are you even listening?"

Yoongi quickly pulls his attention towards the younger, who stared down at him judgingly. "Yeah yeah, of course."

"Oh really? Then what did I just say?" Yoongi laughs nervously, his eyes darting around the room as if there would be something lying around to help him. But of course there wasn't.

"What does it even matter?" He goes for the second option, completely avoiding the question.

Jimin knows him well enough to know exactly what he's doing, and it has him feeling slightly irritated. "Hyung, what's up with you lately, you've been acting out of character and I'm really starting to think something's wrong."

Yoongi frowns, shrugging dismissively before looking away. This only gets at Jimin's nerves even more as he rubs his eyes.

"Don't do that, you can't just dismiss everything I say, or the questions I ask you. We're not fucking thirteen years old anymore, you can't just shrug your shoulders and change the subject when you don't like what I'm talking about." Yoongi sighs.

"And I'm not. I'm saying nothing's wrong, so nothing's wrong, I'm fine."

"Really? 'Cause it doesn't seem that way with how you've been acting."

"Oh yeah? How've I been acting, tell me." Yoongi turns in his seat to properly face him, a hard look on his face.

"You just haven't been acting like yourself recently. You seem distant, like you're pushing me away or something."

"Okay, well did it ever occur to you that I could just be tired or preoccupied with my own issues and things I have to deal with?"

"What issues? What's got you so upset that you're acting this way?" At this point the both of them were feeling a bit frustrated with each other, Yoongi mostly at himself because he couldn't say what he was really feeling.

"You know what, I can't do this right now." He says, starting to get up.

"And there you go again, Yoongi just fucking talk to me, that's what I'm here for. Whatever's bothering you you can tell me, don't push me away."

"Dae-Seon's going to be here soon, you should make sure you're ready."

With that he walks out the room, leaving behind a now discouraged Jimin in his wake as he disappears into the confines of his room, closing the door behind him.

He could've handled that better, that much was clear. Though he could care less about it right now, he's just glad he's away from Jimin and his questions. Even if he was just trying to help.

Yoongi didn't need help. What he needed was for his annoying feelings to go away so he could move on with his life and have things go back to the way they had been before his fucking emotions got in the way and started messing things up, for him anyway.

But now they were starting to affect his relationship with Jimin, which was the last thing he wanted to happen. He wished they would just go away so he wouldn't have to keep on pretending like seeing Jimin with someone else doesn't bother him, didn't get to him to the point where he just wanted to shout to the world that Jimin was his.