Chapter 25: Flipped

Yoongi woke up before Jimin, and guessing from the dim light emanating from outside he deduced that it must've only been a few hours since they fell asleep. It wasn't completely dark out, but it was certainly getting there.

Moving back a bit he realizes that he and Jimin were in the same position as before, with Jimin's face tucked into his chest with the younger's arm draped over his middle. Yoongi moves his own arm off from Jimin's waist. But he doesn't do anything else, not wanting to move too much and accidently end up waking him.

'Please don't leave me.'

Yoongi stares down at the younger, watching the rise and fall of his body with every breath he takes. The area around his eyes looked a little swollen and puffy, but that was to be expected, he had cried his eyes out for a good couple minutes before settling down. Yoongi wanted to kiss the skin, as if doing so would take away the evidence of his sadness.

However, instead of doing that, he decides to brush away the blue hair from his eyes, his touch light and slow. He exhales a shallow breath, squeezing his eyes shut to try and push down the rising feeling in his chest. He didn't want to cry, not here and now at least. Not with Jimin literally curled into his side.

His head tilts upward and with his free hand he pinches his nose, blinking repeatedly to chase away the tears that stung his eyes. He felt helpless, and he knew that he'd gotten himself to this point. He'd confessed to Jimin in the most pathetic way possible. I love you, really?

What was he expecting to happen? They always said that to each other, Jimin wouldn't have thought anything of it. He felt stupid for even thinking that that would've done anything. He opens his eyes, breathing out slowly as he tries to push away tears.

After a minute or two of simply staring at the wall he decides it's time to get up, if he could even manage doing so without waking Jimin up. He starts by trying to get his arm out from between them, which he does, attempting to remove the younger's arm from his waist next. Once he's no longer tangled and free to move he quickly climbs off the bed, grateful that they'd fallen asleep without getting under the covers.

He walks out the room, taking in a deep breath like it was the first time he'd done so in hours, like he'd been trapped in a small confined space, the air slowly thinning and leaving him breathless.

He moves away from the room, heading to his own, in need of a new pair of clothes to change into. Slipping into a comfortable pair of sweats and a black tank top he heads over to the kitchen, feeling a bit more calm.

Checking his phone he finds that it was just past six. He hadn't slept for that long, though he definitely felt rested, physically anyway. Mentally he still felt like he did a few days ago, he thought that after today everything would be okay and his mind would finally get to rest, but it seemed that wasn't going to be the case.

Making himself a cup of coffee, Yoongi stirs his spoon lazily around in his cup, staring at the liquid as it swirls and mixes everything together. 'I... I love you'. It plays in his head, as if it were taunting him, reminding him of his idiocy.

Taking in a deep breath, he tries his best to relax himself, exhaling slowly.

He hears the sound of footsteps nearing, he doesn't turn around right away and instead stays looking down at his coffee, he didn't want to turn around and face the younger, afraid that Jimin would see right through him and everything would come crumbling.

"Yoon, how long have you been up?" Comes Jimin's drowsy voice from behind him.

He clears his throat, taking a moment before he finally turns around, a small believable enough smile on his lips. "Ah... not too long, just over twenty minutes or so I think." Jimin nods with a brief yawn.