Chapter 27: Second Best

"So... it's just like a game night, but with alcohol and gambling instead of hangman and monopoly?..."

Yoongi nods, wiping down the bar, that had not so long ago been messed on by a glass of stiff whiskey, luckily though, the culprit had left not too long ago, claiming that he had a 'fluff-fluff' to attend to. Yoongi didn't ask questions, he could only image what 'fluff-fluff' was.

"Yeah, and a bunch of our friends will be coming as well, I just thought that if you didn't have any plans you might want to join. You're totally free to decline, but I think you'd enjoy it, you'd probably get on quite well with my other friends."

"Yeah?"

Yoongi hums, getting rid of the damp cloth before leaning forward over the bar top on his elbows, a tired lop-sided grin on his face. "Yeah, it's not going to be lots of people, only four of our friends. Well, the one is Jimin's friend."

"Ah-ha, and when are you hosting this game night?"

"Tomorrow actually, cause no one has to worry about work on Monday, being fresh and all that." Junhee nods, sipping from his bottled water.

"Okay well... I wouldn't actually mind doing something different for change, it's been too long since I've done anything genuinely fun or enjoyed my self spending time with others."

"So you'd like to come?..."

"Why not, I'd like to see what kind of friends you have, I have no doubt it'd be an interesting night."

"Oh trust me, they're all slightly crazy, and Byeong can be a bit much sometimes, they're good people, but crazy. I love em' though." Yoongi chuckles, rubbing his eyes as he does so.

Junhee smiles, imagining what kind of friends the elder had. "What time should I come?"

The Hybrid stops mentally cringing at his memories to think of an appropriate time, tapping his fingers against the counter. "Six I think should be fine, yeah, six or any other time later."

"Okay, got it."

Yoongi nods, giving him a thumbs up as he goes over to a very impatient looking customer, but he handles the woman calmly, ignoring her complaints about poor service, even though she's probably only been waiting for five seconds. And with a forced, tired smile Yoongi goes on with his shift, the only thing that kept him going being the knowledge that he only had two hours left.

***

"-and not too much onion, I still want to be able to actually taste the food!" Calls Jimin from the lounge, talking to Yoongi who was currently in the kitchen, making the both of them a salad sandwich.

"I don't ever put too much onion, you just had a raw tongue that day, it had nothing to do with my onion proportion."

"Whatever you say..."

"Fuck off, you know I'm right."

"Yeah yeah, whatever you say Yooniebin." Jimin chuckles, sipping from his tea in attempt to cease his giggles.

Finishing off with the sandwiches Yoongi comes back into the lounge, giving Jimin a pointed look as he delivers his food. Jimin only smiles in return, thanking him for the sandwich. Yoongi huffs, sitting down in the armchair as he begins to eat, appreciating the collective flavours all put into one meal.

Reaching for his glass of water Yoongi side-glances towards the younger, his brows pinching together when he catches Jimin's eyes already on him. He waits till after he's finished drinking from his water to face his best friend.

"What? Why are you looking at me?"

Jimin does nothing but blink for a few seconds before he seems to come back to his senses, grinning sheepishly. "Ah, nothing, I was just wondering if Ja-Junhee is joining us tonight."