18. Christmas Special

Merry Christmas! I've decided to write a special chapter for today ^^

Slightly out of the plot, but the things that happened in this chapter are still part of the story and the characters will remember it.

-----------------------------------------------------------

"Are you sure this is a good idea?" I whispered to Toba, and he shushed me with a finger on his lips

"Trust me, this is going to be epic". He whispered back, his voice cracking at the end when he wanted to suppress a laugh.

Toba guided us silently (Wire, Chum, and I) towards Killer's room. It was still early in the morning and not a lot of people were awake. Heat would have come with us, but it was Killer's turn to cook, and he didn't want to have his food poisoned as revenge.

Why would he want to get revenge, you ask?

Well, you see, Toba had this marvellous idea to pull a Christmas prank on Killer. When the mastermind opened his cabin's door without making any sound, I regretted not staying with Heat. But I also wanted to see how this ended up...

Chum was holding a box with Christmas decorations: colourful balls, little stars, little bows, tinsel wreaths...

The idea came up when Toba realized Killer's long hair resembled a Christmas tree. You see where this was going, don't you?

Killer was asleep on his bed, his breathing slow, his mask on his nightstand and his face half-covered by the bedsheet and his own hair.

Toba signed with his hand as if we were an organized criminal band sneaking into a bank. But I was sure this was more dangerous than bank robbing.

Following his lead, we entered cautiously and started to decorate his hair with the box's decoration. Chum almost started to laugh, but Wire made him shut up by shoving a ball of tinsel in his mouth. Now it was my turn to hold in the laughter, but I didn't need Wire's "help", thankfully.

When we were done, Toba gave us a thumbs up in approval, and we left the lion's den (aka Killer's room).

When we were far enough, we all started to breathe normally, since we had been holding our breaths.

"Oof! That was hard". Chum exclaimed.

"You almost drag us to our graves", Wire replied, but not being bothered by that.

"But have you seen how fabulous he looked?" Chum defended himself, and we all laughed.

Later, Killer entered the mess hall to head for the kitchen and cook the Christmas menu. Everyone there stared at him, cheeks puffed due to wanting to contain their laughter.

"What's the matter?" He said oblivious to it. Thank goodness he didn't bother to brush his hair today.

"N-nothing!" One of them said. Toba was cheekier: