9. Tarot night

Graphic and violent description.

"I want to join your crew".

The sound of a random fork against the plate was the last thing to be heard. It seemed the ambience fell down with my words.

I realized they were right. I hadn't been living for me. I didn't have anything to live for. I had lost everything: my parents, my grandfather, my friends...

I remembered how it had been to live in the Victoria Punk these last days. A lot of situations reminded me of my past, and even though I tried to shove that thought away, I asked myself if I could start again... A new life. I didn't want to lose this, too. Not when I felt I had something for what to fight again, not when I felt I belonged to somewhere.

Eustass' silence made me nervous. He looked as if he didn't believe me, as if I was scheming something. His gaze turned to Killer. I saw Heat smiling. Eustass looked at me again and smiled as if he had been waiting for that moment.

"Good, because I also want you to join my crew". He grabbed my hand to shake it like a businessman. A businessman that almost crushed my hand, but I couldn't focus on the pain.

He wanted me to join? Was that a yes? I don't know from where came the excitement and joy that rose from my stomach up to my cheeks, where there were only rage and sorrow before. I felt a blush creeping on my cheeks and my eyes watering.

"Oh, no, don't make this cheesy". Kid sensed what was going to happen, and I tried to not let the tears fall. Toba was in the background screaming at everyone who crossed his path "I told you!".

It was an impossible mission; soon, the tears started to fall. I brought an arm to my face to hide them. In response, Eustass threw a bunch of napkins at my face to dry my tears. I guess that was the kindest act I was going to get from him.

Killer and Heat approached the situation that looked out of a cheap rom-com. Heat laid his hand on my shoulder and brought me to sit with Wire, Chum and Toba. Killer said something to the captain and exited the mess hall.

»»———————⍟————————««

Killer brought Kid to the cleaning room, where the man that had tried to kill _____ laid on the floor, trying to breathe without choking with the blood that came out of his nose flooding his cavities. Some teeth were scattered around the floor, and his left leg was bent unnaturally. The end of his femur was protruding from his skin.

"This treacherous rat is the one that tried to kill her?" Eustass got close to his body, barely alive, and step with force on his knee, getting a piercing screech in return from the man. Against all odds, he tried to say some words:

"Y...You'll...d...die..."

"You said something?" He asked rhetorically and went to grab a near broomstick.