12. Horror Carnival

Graphic and violent description.

-------------------------------------------------

When I pushed the door open, I hit Wire by mistake, since he was behind it, complaining about the clothes they were wearing with the others

"I'm sorry", I signed, apologizing with a remorseful expression for almost making him fall.

I waited a few seconds for his answer. A "Don't worry" or even a "Fuck you", but he just stared at me as if he didn't recognize me. I shook my head a bit, frowning, waiting for a verbal answer. I looked around. Heat had the same expression as Wire, his gaze lost. Kid's eyes moved erratically around the room and Killer... Well, God knows what Killer's expression looked like at the moment. Toba was covering his mouth with his hand, lost in thought. After a few seconds, he put his hand away and said:

"Can __ take the dress back to the ship when we're done with this?" He asked to no one in particular. Chum, as always, smacked him in the back of the neck. Patty appeared behind Eustass.

"Oh, honey, you look beautiful! Doesn't she, cupcake?" Patty asked Kid in a teasing manner.

"What?! No! I mean, yes, but". Eustass stumbled with his words, getting his tongue tied. "She doesn't even look like a pirate!" He seemed to find the perfect way to get out of that situation.

I looked at all of them again, holding my laughter. Everyone was wearing fancy tuxedos, but the best part was that not all of them wore the same, oh, no. Wire was wearing a dark brown tuxedo; Heat a dark blue one; Chum's was black, and Toba wore a dark grey one.

Kid was wearing a dark crimson suit that matched his hair and mask. Killer was wearing a white one, which surprised me. I would have never imagined Killer wearing such a pure colour, but it matched his mask. Aesthetically, Patty had made a good purchase. Or robbery, I didn't know what methods that woman used to get what she wanted.

"You also don't look like pirates, now that you mention it". I barely could say, trying not to explode in laughter. I bit my lip and breathed in.

"We look like a bunch of toffs of Vetusta!*" Toba exclaimed and got ready to act a short scene. "Hmph, goodness, can't you see this painting's got... patina?". He said with a comedic voice to Wire while he pointed to an invisible painting on the wall.

"Minister, how many sugar cubes? One? Two?" Chum joined into the representation, mimicking he was holding a teacup while talking to Heat.

"Two, if you're so kind. By the way, don't go to the theatre today and come to confession instead". To my surprise, Heat played along, talking with an elegant and serious voice.

"To confess, yeah, of course". Toba laughed and winked exaggeratedly a few times while elbowing Wire.

"To confess in his bed", Wire added.