10. Dark Mist in Apricus

The next morning, I woke up with a terrible headache

The next morning, I woke up with a terrible headache. I wasn't the only one with a bad mood since other crew members were also holding their heads, in pain.

"Rough night?" Heat asked when I sat next to him on deck. Instead of answering "Yes" as any other normal person would, I let a low grumble answer the question while I rubbed my eyes.

"I shouldn't have accepted the gift of a demon..." I thought about Kid offering me that bottle. The other remaining half I shared it with Heat's cooking group after coming back from the tiring event in the Ice Nice.

According to the information we obtained, the Ice Nine was a mafia in Apricus that were engaged in human trafficking, specifically women. I wondered what kind of island it would be... I didn't have information about this one. But Killer mentioned that maybe there was a settlement of the Marine there if slave's trafficking and selling were "legal" around there. The Marine probably covered it up.

I also thought that those paper lanterns on the water may be used as illumination, having in mind that the whole island was surrounded by a dense fog (which still hadn't dissipated).

"Look where you're heading to, asshole!". Someone shouted.

"You should be the one to be more careful, dumbass!" The other one answered.

This scene had occurred a few times already since it was hard to walk without clashing with someone. One would think it wasn't funny anymore, but oh no. In fact, it became funnier every time.

"The captain said you went to party without us". Heat jested.

"Ha". I let out a dry laugh, sarcastically. "Yeah, if going to party means getting kidnapped by a group of trafficker clowns and planned to be sold in Apricus, hmm,". I faked thinking it through. "yeah, I went to party. Sorry". I joked, looking at him innocently.

"Maybe you have a magnet for kidnappings". He said, and he obviously meant it for the fact that, basically, they had kidnapped me first.

"Agh, don't remind me of that..." I rubbed my forehead as if I wanted to erase the memory. Heat smiled and raised his eyebrows at the same time he closed his eyes, in a gesture that said: "Alright if that's what you want".

"And what was up with those clowns wearing tuxedos? That's some weird shit". He changed the subject. I turned my head and look at him from head to toe, stopping to focus on the details of his leather corset, spikes and stuff. "... Very funny". He understood what I meant, and I laughed.

The captain got out of his cabin, also with a headache, but hiding it better than the rest. Despite everything, the day was calm and transmitted a weird sensation of peace. Maybe this was caused by the grey landscape that inspired quietude. I wished every day was like that...

"How much more until we reach that shit hole?" The captain walked in circles on the deck. Surprisingly, he didn't collide with anyone. Haki things, I thought.