Make me move

Perrie settled her things on top of the chairs that are pushed against the wall. She ruffled through her bag to get a sight of her phone so she can put it on loud in case anyone needed her.

"Okay, time to get this right Edwards" she mumbled to herself pulling her sweatpants a bit before looking at the mirrors infront of her.

She looked so focused and was ready to start rehearsing til she remembered she needs music. Perrie glanced at the tab that's connected to the studio's bluetooth speaker and made sure Sweet Melody's on queue.

Coming back to her position she took a breath and played the music.

A few uncoordinated dance moves later and the blonde was huffing in frustration. She can do this, she knows she can that's why she got to the studio earlier so she can at least get it together before the dancers and Jade came in.

Jade. She swears that girl can watch something once and she'll be stage ready. She shook her head amused.

She rewinded her verse again and tried to make it flawless. The moment she dropped on the floor the door opened and a blur of brunette curls were running towards her.

"Oh my god Pez are you okay?" Jade frantically exclaimed as she ran to the blonde who immediately tilted her head confused.

"What? Oh! Oh, yeah i was just practicing some choreo for our mv" Perrie answered chuckling. She turned the music off with a handheld remote that controls the tab's app.

With a sigh of relief that the blonde is okay she offered her hand so she can pull her up. Perrie stumbled literally into Jade's arms.

The brunette smirked, seemingly unfazed by their closeness while Perrie looked at her wide-eyed.

"Help" Perrie squeaked. And shit she didn't mean to say that out loud, it was just that Jade's so close and she can feel her curves against ---

"Hmm?"

Perrie opened and closed her mouth with no words coming out, the way Jade's eyes darted to them not going unnoticed. The brunette lifted her eyebrows at her as she shook her head and took a step back.

"Um I mean thanks for the help," Perrie smiled nervously. "Speaking of help I can't seem to memorize it, as easy as it looks, i was wondering if you can teach me?"

Jade's smile grew with the thought of getting to help. She knows how hard the younger geordie works to keep up and not delay rehearsals, she loves that about her.
She puts down her things on the chair next to Perrie's and then walked behind her as they stared at the mirror.

"I have the dancer's video of how it should go if you wanna.." Perrie trailed off as Jade nodded. She walked towards the short distance towards her phone and stretched to grab it. Once she showed Jade the video, she returned it to its place and went back towards the dancing area.

Jade looked like she was calculating a math problem til she finally nodded, "Okay let's do this. So we're gonna try to memorize it by using easy phrases. I'll be your partner"

Perrie sang the first line: He would lie he would cheat..

"Reach out," Jade instructed watching towards the mirror as Perrie did the move while projecting.

Over syncopated beats

"Touch your face" the brunette continued. Perrie was so nervous her hands were kind of shaking.

"Softly, baby." Jade muttered, freaking out as the endearment slipped. The blonde swears she almost had whiplash as she turned, "what?"

"Uh um, I said 'softly, Perrie'" Jade covered. Before the younger geordie could object, Jade swiftly pressed against her before taking each of her hands to guide with her own.

She lifted both of them and positioned how they should be, "Your left hand stays reaching out but your right.." she started dragging the back of their fingertips against Perrie's face, "touches your face softly"

The blonde repressed a shiver as she felt Jade's breath on her ear and her fingertips ghosting against her cheek.

The brunette moved infront of her, but not really away as she signaled Perrie to drop with her.

I was just his tiny dancer

Both of them dropped, hands splaying, eyes staring. 'She looks beautiful with her hair splayed like that' Jade thought. And this time she didn't bother shaking the gnawing attraction off.

"Now come closer little spoon" the brunette whispered. Perrie giggled and continued singing as she turned

He had control of my feet

She turned her face to Jade and gasped at how intense the older geordie was looking at her. Jade's hand resting on her abdomen and her breath hitting Perrie's lips.

"Touch yourself" Jade instructed, her eyes darkening.

"What?" Perrie pants, surely she heard Jade wrong. But she's silently wishing she didn't because if this is how the brunette was already looking at her, she's curious what happens next.

"That's the move, touch yourself" Jade repeated, kissing Perrie's cheek before standing up, just cause she can't help it.

Perrie took a breath, Yes when he came along
That's when I lost the groove

and seemingly lost that breath when Jade pulled her up and held her leg against her body.

"Dip"

There was no song in the world to sing along or make me move

The older geordie slowly retracted Perrie to a standing position, the blonde feeling her heartbeat under her hand that was resting on Jade's chest.

Jade visibly swallowed and pursed her lips, keeping herself from leaning. Thankfully, (not really) the other dancers came in, chatting obliviously.

The next time Perrie had to do the dance Jade was sitting at the sideline pretending to scroll on her phone and sip her tea. All the while wishing she was still Perrie's dance partner.

The day of filming

Perrie listened for her cue from the director. It was her dress rehearsal and she was nervous as hell, not because she was a bad dancer but because she doesnt know if she can focus with Jade looking at her like that from behind the camera. Jade gave her a thumbs up and a grin as she adjusted the fringes of her pants. She smiled back, good thing she doesnt have to act towards the camera yet she thought.

Jade mouthed instructions towards a transfixed Perrie. The blonde was doing well but when she mouthed 'Come here little spoon', she saw Perrie trying to stand up to go to her til the younger geordie remembers  what she was doing and blushes when the director asked her to start over. Jade merely chuckled and kept watching making sure not to distract Perrie.

"You did great out there" Jade commended as she walked over to Perrie drinking water. The blonde gave her a once-over before blushing at how Jade's bum in her sinful outfit is stirring her libido awake.

This didn't go unnoticed, Jade quirked one of her brows and smirked at Perrie as she cleared her throat. "I had a great teacher, but now I think..you should learn something from me" the blonde stated, her voice dropping to a hoarse whisper. She stalked towards Jade.

"Really? And that would be?" The older geordie asked challenging Perrie by stroking her cheek.

"Me putting those killer braids into good use and how much it'll be easier to grab your ass with that outfit on." The blonde answered brazenly, grabbing Jade by the waist and dipping her before planting a passionate kiss on her lips and standing her back up.

Perrie smirked, "We'll do this again later yeah? But you know, softly baby" she strode away after seeing Jade's gobsmacked expression and the blush rising on her cheeks.

A/N: Here's a cheeky Sweet Melody inspired fic. #1 woohoooo.

This along with the ending of This is Us was supposed to be published by the end of December but our family suffered an unexpected loss just before the year ended and everything got sidetracked.

Thank you to those who still, read, comment, and vote!