Breakfast for two

A/N: Sweethearts! This is a short one and was inspired by a dialogue prompt I saw. Enjoy!

Jade's POV

It took a minute after I woke up to have last night's events come crashing down on me. Snippets of the fight forcing its way in to my brain and the smell of something burning invading my senses. I groaned. It's way too early for all of this.

I put my hair up into a ponytail and padded in to the kitchen still wearing yesterday's clothes after failing to change, since apparently, the fight took every amount of energy I had left last night and I resigned to our bed. 'To hell with pyjamas' I remembered thinking. Which I regret now feeling the possible chaffing on my skin. No more sleeping in jeans. Well come to think of it, if I'm making up life rules, might as well put no more fighting on top. But who's to say the universe won't throw that on our faces again?

When I finally had a clear view of the kitchen, I understood with horrific surprise why there was a burning smell.

"It smells like a campfire in here." I stated deadpan.

The stoves had multiple pans and pots. The counter looked like the food from the fridge made a protest and camped out messily on top, burnt eggs and toasts sat on the kitchen island and splatters of god knows what are all over the chairs. And in the middle of it all, my frustratingly beautiful girlfriend sitting in possibly the only clean chair there is.

"I fixed you breakfast. I know it's just a bowl of cereal, but it's the only thing I can't burn" Perrie murmured, her eyebrows furrowed and eyes cast downwards toward her own cereal. Her tone was cold with a bite of annoyance as she ignores my comment. She's still mad..well so was I.

"Clearly" I retorted, that earned a glare from her making me apologize. Okay, I'm being a bitch, it's a reflex at times like this. I walked toward the coffee machine and started making coffee before pouring for the both of us as a bit of a peace offering.

I stare at the room, circling around the counter where the chairs were mounted but there wasn't a clear area except for where she was seating. Her eyes were apprehensive as I stare, clearly trying to read my expression.

Maybe if I...

Walking towards her, I snagged the other bowl of cereal before stepping forward and positioning myself to sit on her lap, without spilling the milk or compromising her eating position. I see her eyes widen a fraction in confusion but she eventually gave a slight nod and slipped her around my waist to keep me from falling. Not that I actually will I thought, but the gesture is appreciated.

"So are we going to talk about it Jade?" she mused after a few spoonful.

"After coffee, love" I mumbled behind the hot mug I was taking the sip from.

I felt her fingers draw lazy circles on my thigh where it rested. She was done with her cereal but wasn't making any move to make us reconsider our position.

"Of course after coffee" she repeated quietly rolling her eyes and a chuckle evidently escaping her lips.