Skin Art (pt.1)

Perrie’s POV

“Pez, you alright with locking up?” Jesy asked, turning off the lights near the front desk and facing me.

My legs are currently propped up on the tattoo parlor chairs I was sitting on with a sketchbook settled on my lap. “Yeah sure, you go home and have a good night”

She tossed the keys and turned the ‘CLOSED’ sign over before bidding me a good night and walking out towards her car.

It’s 11 pm and I’m too much in the zone sketching one of my client’s very detailed tattoo request to stop and go home. I don’t really have anything much to do other than sleep and the shop doesn’t open up ‘til 10 am tomorrow.

I reached for some crisps on the small table next to my chair with my left hand while my right held up the sketchbook at arms-length so I can assess some details I’ve overlooked.

I was startled a bit when a knock rasped against the glass door. I looked up and sure enough a woman with brunette curls was trying to peer through it.

“I want a tattoo!” She yelled but it sounded muffled as the door was thick.

I didn’t move from my spot because I don’t really know if she’s dangerous or not but truth be told she doesn’t look like she was, more drunk than dangerous which was nothing new for me to come across working here.

“We’re closed!” I yelled back.

Her head tilted as if confused and I admit it was one of the cutest things I’ve ever seen. Pointing at the sign I mouthed ‘closed’ and it seemed to translate different to her as her eyes widened. She looked behind her scared and looked back at me with pleading eyes,

“Let me in please!”

I didn’t hesitate to open the door and usher her inside before locking it again, honestly not knowing what went wrong. When I looked back at her, she was behind one of the chairs fidgeting.

“Are they gone?”

“They who?” I swear she’s making me more confused by the second.

“The clowns.” She whispered shouted. Yep, definitely drunk.

I shook my head and walked closer. In the dim light I can make out the slight blush on her cheeks and a bit on her nose due to the alcohol, and in this silence, her slurring of speech.

“What clowns? I just said we’re closed”
And as if a lightbulb appeared above her head, her mouth formed an ‘o’ in understanding and started laughing loudly.

“I thought you said ‘clowns’” she cleared up, coughing a bit after almost running out of breath.

I couldn’t help but grin and shake my head, it wasn’t that funny but seeing this cute stranger crack herself up after being basically petrified a few minutes beforehand was amusing.

I walked to the small refrigerator under the counter and got her a cold bottle of water, maybe take a little edge off of her drunken state.

“What’ya got there?” she asked, not realizing she was right behind me.
“god!” it was the second time she startled me tonight. I clasped a hand on my chest and passed her the water before I had the chance to drop it.

Her eyebrows furrowed as if oblivious to the scare she gave me, “No, I’m Jade”

I pushed passed her towards the chair I
previously occupied and picked up the sketchbook before slumping back on it.

“Well Jade, isn’t it time for you to head home or something?” I was intrigued by her but also annoyed that I couldn’t finish my work.

She drank her water, well more like gulped half the bottle before crossing her arms, “Not until I get a tattoo”