Secret Love Song pt. 2

So I've been more busy with reading other fanfics than writing an update buuuut I just saw that this book hit 11k already and as an appreciation, here's an update:)

"Have the generators on standby. It's been raining hard all day, we should prepare in case there's a blackout!" Sam bellowed towards the tech crew on the arena balcony. She shook her head, this can't be happening, it's their last show for this tour and already she's been receiving notifications about the electricity possibly going out tonight 30 min before the show starts. It's an arena full of people, she's gonna have to get everything sorted out.

Heading towards the dressing room, her passes swaying in rhythm with the clicks of her heels, she texted specific crews on the news. Without even knocking she barged in and faced the girls, whose heads all turned to look at her expectantly.

"Well, there isn't a sure update about loss of electricity tonight but just to be ready I have generators on standby to buy us some time," she paused, there was a but to this "but it's gonna take a few seconds to get them running and when we do, only some lights and the microphones would be powered. So let's hope it doesn't happen when you're up on the platform" Sam finished, she's used to talking a mile a minute and she expects that they're already listening so they nodded. They can't really do anything about it.

As soon as Sam left, Perrie walked over to Jade, her eyes conveying what she wanted to say before she could even open her mouth. It was supposed to be the night they let everyone know how madly in love they are with each other, but what if the concert gets cut before they could even get to the good part?

Jade held her hand to her and was about to pull Perrie on her lap and comfort her before they heard their glam team all shout worried warnings,

"Watch the hair!"

"And the make up!"

"Please dont wrinkle your clothes, i just steamed that!"

All four of the ladies looked at them and laughed, but the couple tried to not to ruin their work either way.

Instead Perrie held Jade's hand and stayed standing, looking at her she sighed, "Maybe it won't happen" she tried to assure her brunette girlfriend. Jade offered her a small smile "Maybe." she assured her back, her lower lip getting sucked in by her teeth.

Perrie knows it was a gesture when she's uncertain, but god she can't help licking her own lips as flashbacks of biting Jade's lower lip a while ago crashed into her. Jade noticed how the blonde looks like she's struggling with her self-control. She smirked, "Um, hun you might want to loosen your grip on my hand, I'm scared I wont be able to hold a mic"

Perrie's head snapped up, pink tinged cheeks slightly hiding behind golden tresses.

"Ladies, it's show time!" Sam shouted from the hallway, startling everyone. Perrie didn't let go of Jade's hand though, she pulled her up and out with Jesy and Leigh in tow.

-----

"This is the last song for tonight, for this tour, for all of you. This tour has been one of the best tour we've been in and it's all thanks to your support," Jesy's voice echoed around the arena, a roaring applause from the crowd followed. "This is Secret Love Song"

Perrie looked Jade, and Jade looked at Perrie. This is it, the brunette held her hand, their smiles meaningful. They were up on the platform overlooking the arena and the lights dimmed, with only the small spotlight on them.

They waited for the cue..they kept waiting. Leigh threw a glance towards Sam on the side, she had a sign up 'Power's out.Wait.' were the only words. Leigh nodded in understanding and signaled the girls to look at that too.

Perrie can feel her heart break slightly, she thought things were going well, that luck was on their side tonight--

"We keep behind closed doors
Every time I see you, I die a little more
Stolen moments that we steal as the curtain falls
It'll never be enough
As you drive me to my house
I can't stop these silent tears from rolling down
You and I both have to hide on the outside
Where I can't be yours and you can't be mine"

Perrie looked at Jade, shocked at how she unexpectedly started to sing acapella. Jade was singing emotionally to the crowd. She leaned a bit to see if Jesy and Leigh knew that she would do this but they just smiled and shook their heads.

And then the brunette at looked her, with love recognizable on her eyes and sang her heart out to her,

"But I know this, we got a love that is hopeless"

By this time the crowd held their breath, as Jade reached out for Perrie's hand and held it close to her heart as she came closer

"Why can't I hold you in the street?
Why can't I kiss you on the dance floor?
I wish that it could be like that
Why can't it be like that? 'Cause I'm yours
Why can't I say that I'm in love?
I wanna shout it from the rooftops
I wish that it could be like that
Why can't it be like that? 'Cause I'm yours"

Jade looked back at Jesy, and because they've performed this tens of times, she picked up on her cue

"It's obvious you're meant for me
Every piece of you, it just fits perfectly
Every second, every thought, I'm in so deep
But I'll never show it on my face
But we know this, we got a love that is hopeless"

The brunette took this as an opportunity to pull Perrie towards her, her hands around her waist, forehead against hers as she swayed. A slow dance in front of an audience but for her there's just the two of them.

Perrie wrapped her arms around Jade's neck but held her mic up as she sang to  her girlfriend,

"Why can't you hold me in the street?
Why can't I kiss you on the dance floor?
I wish that it could be like that
Why can't we be like that? 'Cause I'm yours
Why can't I say that I'm in love?
I wanna shout it from the rooftops
I wish that it could be like that
Why can't we be like that? 'Cause I'm yours"

Jade mirrored Perrie's lips and repeated 'I'm yours' while looking intently at her.

Leigh's heart was bursting with pride for the two, she managed to continue as if she was serenading them followed by Jesy

"I don't wanna live love this way
I don't wanna hide us away
I wonder if it ever will change
I'm living for that day, someday

When you hold me in the street
And you kiss me on the dance floor
I wish that we could be like that
Why can't we be like that? Cause I'm yours, I'm yours"

With the crowd singing with them and their bodies slow dancing, Jade and Perrie didn't notice how the power came back on just before Leigh's line wherein confetti showered them all

"Oh, why can't you hold me in the street?
Why can't I kiss you on the dance floor?
I wish that it could be like that
Why can't it be like that? 'Cause I'm yours"

Jade swept away the confetti that landed on Perrie's hair and lingered her hand down to her cheek as the blonde sang her the last part, without her usual high note. Her emotions making her break into a almost a melodic whisper at the end.

"Why can't I say that I'm in love?
I wanna shout it from the rooftops
I wish that it could be like that
Why can't we be like that? 'Cause I'm yours

Wish we could be like that"

The crowd erupted in cheers, chanting 'Jerrie' as the two women kissed passionately before pulling apart and thanking the audience. They went in for a group hug with Jesy and Leigh once they were lowered down the platform.

No more secret love songs for them, they can finally shout it from the rooftops.

A/N: Thank you again guys, never expected these oneshots to go so well. And as for the other ideas, they're hopefully coming soon. Lots of love💙