This Love is for Forever pt. 2

Jade can't help but chuckle as Ruby barged into the front door without knocking and dumped the entire contents of that tin can over the breakfast table and purposefully pointed at her Mum, smiled as she said, "You.Talk."

Perrie crossed her arms and glared in warning at her daughter that even made a shiver run down Jade's back. Those eyes were lethal.

Ruby cleared her throat, back tracking at the way she spoke, "I- Uh, I mean can you please explain to me what this is all about, mum?"

Her nervous smile made Perrie break her stare as she sighed in resignation. It was now or never. It wasn't technically Ruby's right to know but there surely isn't any harm in indulging her request.

Jade came back, a kettle full of tea and three cups, setting them in front of the Edwards before pouring carefully. Her eyes had this contemplating gleam, probably thinking over how this is gonna go.

As her aunt sat down, her mum subconsciously scooted as close as she can to her. Naturally placing her hand on her aunt's thigh while the other wrapped around her cup of tea. The more Ruby thought about the letters, the more their closeness made sense.

"So, what do you wanna know?"

Choosing her words carefully, there was one question that stuck to Ruby, "what happened?"

"We got put in a band then we started dating," Perrie shrugged, like it's the only explanation her daughter needed and like it's the most obvious thing. Her daughter stared at her, urging her to continue but never rushing her. Ruby understands that it must be hard trying to recall some of the bad memories.

"We tried not to date at first, chalking our closeness to just friendship. And it's true, we were best friends but at the same time we wanted more. So we went out in secret, not a soul knew but the two of us. Going out turned into being almost inseparable and that turned into us being in love-" Perrie stopped abruptly, she needed to catch a breath. As much as she made her peace with what had happened, sometimes the what ifs were still haunting.

Jade squeezed her hand and decided to take over, "We decided to tell your other aunts first before management but when we finally did everything started to spiral."

"Were they that mad?" Ruby interjected meekly.

"The accusations they threw," Perrie shook her head and trudged through "them making us look like we did it all to sabotage the group. It was hell. They kept reminding us that the public won't accept us but we never got the chance to find out if that would've been true. In the end we had to make a decision to break up."

Both her aunt's and mum's eyes became wistful and Ruby thought that maybe this wasn't the best idea. She only truly wanted to know what really happened between them and she knows now. She reached over and covered her mum's hand with her own,

"It's alright, mum. You don't have to tell me everything. I can figure the rest out."

Perrie gave her a sympathetic smile, so proud of how Ruby turned out. The chair scraped as her daughter rose from her seat and went over between them to give each a hug. It was almost healing, Ruby's hug, a feat she inherited from her mum.

"I'll get on back home, I still have some studying to do."

After saying her byes to her aunty Jade, or Jeed as she teasingly call her now, Ruby walked to the door with her mum.

She leaned on the frame, while Perrie hugged herself still feeling a bit emotional. She smiled softly as she observed her daughter look at her with concern.

"Did da know about all of these?"  Ruby asked, too curious to let it go.

"He did, he also knows that I didn't settle for him and loved him truly but before all else he knew that your aunty Jade holds a special place in my life."

Ruby smiled at her mum's nervousness. She loves her da but she would never get in the way of either of her parents' happiness. And she was always grateful that she can recall only happy childhood memories with them because she was so loved.

She hugged her and left a pondering thought before going,

"You should be able to finally shout your love from the rooftops, mum. I think the world knows you guys deserve it."

Perrie smiled at the closed door before schooling her expression into a stern one and walking towards Jade who retreated to the couch.

"We should talk."

------

"Why exactly are we in a bathtub?" Jade asked, her voice echoing around the room.

Perrie who was across from her looked serious as she answered, "I think it's calming and we have some serious stuff to talk about."

The brunette nodded, lifting the shared bottle of wine they grabbed before they made it in the bathroom. She took a swig and offered it to Perrie who imitated her.
She looked so deep in thought that Jade tried to break the ice a bit.

"You're not gonna propose to me are you?" she joked and chuckled. Although it was meant to be lighthearted, her heart pounded in her chest when Perrie took a while to answer.

"If I did would you say yes?"

It wasn't cheeky, her tone was more amused as if she had already planned it.

Jade's throat ran dry, "what?"

"I love you, Jade." Perrie answered. And if they didn't know each other as much as they do and as long as they do, then Jade wouldn't have caught the connection in the blonde's whiplash of thoughts, but they do and she didn't miss a beat.

"I love you too, Pez."

"No I mean I love you love you, Jade. And I want to continue loving you. On dates, on fun sunday mornings, on pasta nights, and so many more. All these years, my love for you may have been pushed to the back but it was never gone "

Jade kept quiet, knowing Perrie wasn't done. She had to get this all out. Perrie leaned over and held her cheeks gently,

"Jade, half of my heart has always been yours."

"I- Yes" Jade spluttered out.

"What?"

Perrie's confusion became more apparent when the brunette smiled and pulled her closer.

"If you would have proposed to me I would have said yes." To others it might be fast if that ever that would happen but this is Perrie, the love of her life, re-confessing her love for her after so many years.

"And I know that the other half of your heart is Ruby's. Just know that you'll never be empty because half of my heart is yours too, Pez."

They kissed, and it was as familiar as their first but so very new and raw with a new found freedom to explore the future with each other.

They pulled away enough to breathe and for Perrie to turn around and be cradled between Jade's legs. Their grins like unfiltered sunshine.

"Oh by the way.." Perrie muttered and pulled a ring from her pocket. She held it up near Jade's face.

Jade sighed,

"About fucking time"

A/N:  here's a little closure between Jerrie😊
I've been inactive in ig but stories are gonna continue, I'll probably get the next chapter of 'Made for me' next before another oneshot.

P.S. I'll start writing mmm fanfics soon but not yet sure if I'll be posting them here. Fluffs and smut! Comment or dms for updates💙💖