Break me down

Hi! So this is another sort of behind the music video thing but more fluff than the last one. Enjoy😊

P.S. you are beautiful

"Okay crew, let's get the girls some cover and we'll call it a day" the director yelled and along with the crew, the girls' family and friends, clapped as another music video of Little Mix would be sent to post production.

Everyone had a good time filming 'Strip', there was so much empowerment and positivity for women in the room it's palpable.

Each of the ladies went to their respective family, thanking them for being guests in the video. After Jade was done chatting with her mum, she strolled towards Debbie. She was like her second mum even before her and Perrie got together. Expecting to see Perrie too, the brunette was confused when she saw only ellie besides Debbie.

"Hi, Debs. Hey, Ellie" she greeted, hugging them both and telling them how wonderful they were in the video. She made more small talk expecting Perrie to show up any time now but when a few minutes went by she couldn't help herself "umm, have you seen Perrie?"

Debbie nodded pointing behind her, "Oh she's in her dressing room, she said she'll just be removing the words on her skin"

Jade thanked her with a hug again and walked towards the said dressing room thinking she should try to remove the writings on her skin too so she can put on some clothes already.

She turned the knob without knocking and slowly entered the room, "Per--"

words died down from her lips as she saw the blonde on the other side of the room standing infront of a mirror furiously trying to rub off the words on her arms with a towel. Jade noticed how frustrated she look, tears threatening to fall from her eyes.

Jade went to her, hugging her from behind and stopping Perrie's hands with hers. The closer she was, the more she saw how red the blonde's skin was getting. Most of the words were gone but there were still some left. With the realization of Jade hugging her and halting her actions, she started to cry.

"Hey, hey, shh.. what's going on Pez?" she asked in her most calm voice and faced Perrie towards her but never letting her go.

Sniffles from the blonde and her ocean eyes overflowing with tears broke Jade's heart. She wondered what happened that can give her favorite person this much distress.

"I know..I know this day was about empowerment and all but when i looked in the mirror and saw the words, it triggered me. My anxiety went up and I remembered the people who told me i'll never be good enough" Perrie explained, her words tumbling over one another because of how fast she was speaking.

Jade wiped her tears with her thumbs and gave her the most gentle kiss. The most comforting gesture she could give. She has been a witness throughout Perrie's battle with accepting that she's beautiful. With the way trolls tag and bring them all down every single day, she understood how overwhelmed she must feel.

Usually when Perrie was in this state, she would calm herself down and find Jade so she can hug her. Now the brunette was already doing that but her heart still feels heavy and Jade can see it clearly the way she picks at the word on her arm.

"Can I show you what I can see?" Jade asked tentatively. In return the blonde nodded, trusting her.

She allowed Jade to turn her around again and pry the towel off her hands, and waited as she got a bottle of water to dampen it a bit. From behind, Jade looked at her intently on the mirror, wanting to make sure Perrie was focused. The blonde hugged her self, her insecurities lingering still.

Jade moved a bit to her side, lifting her arm and slowly erasing "Freckles".

"I remember when you used to make sure you always covered them with make-up and not joining us sometimes on a sunny day because you know they'll be more visible. You saw your freckles as something that marked you but the first time i saw your face and body fully without them being covered, i thought how your eyes looked like the ocean and your freckles make your body look like the shore. You look like my favorite place and i can spend forever tracing my fingers accross your skin, losing myself in you.

She chanced a glance at quiet blonde, her tears flowing freely with a touch of blush on her cheeks from the brunette's choice of words. Jade smiled at her, knowing what she was saying was getting through to Perrie. So she continued with the few words left.

"Inappropriate," she read the word accross her upper chest. "They think you're inappropriate the way you would say what's on your mind and stand up to pricks who belittle you, belittle us." Jade shook her head, the disbelief obvious in her voice. Perrie started to carress her cheek lightly, knowing how protective the brunette is while Jade continued.

"You're a free spirit, it's one of the things that captivates me. The filter in your brain speaks the truth and it's fascinating. And all I know is, you're only inappropriate with me" Jade winked at her, hoping to lighten the mood. The hand that was caressing her cheek suddenly gave her a pinch which she brushed off with a laugh. She finally got her girlfriend smiling but there was one more word left, it was on Perrie's feet so she had to kneel down to be able to erase it.

"Weak" Jade whispered, enough for Perrie to hear. She was quiet for a moment, just trying to wipe the black smear off. The blonde panicked a bit thinking Jade agreed that she was weak but then Jade looked up at her, tears in her own eyes and reverence in her voice "You are the strongest person I know," she started, leaving kisses on Perrie's legs, making her way up to her stomach and lightly on the blonde's chest, her neck and then her lips. Perrie's eyes fluttered closed, and when she opened them again Jade continued, " You're strong enough to shut the haters out, strong enough to love yourself, strong enough to break down my walls and strong enough to share this world your sunshine even through your gloomiest of days. You are strong my love, never forget."

When Jade finished, all Perrie could do was kiss her over and over again, words couldn't describe how much feelings she had for Jade but maybe just three would do.

"I love you"