This Love is for Forever

Read A/N at the end please and thank you😊

"Can't believe she's all grown now," said Jade after spending the whole day helping Ruby move into her new apartment.

"Right?" Perrie replied, sounding proud and terrified at the same time.

Jade patted her on the shoulder sensing the blonde's rising anxiety.

She looked over at Jade, grateful for reassuring her. "I know, I know I'm being ridiculous but she's still my little girl."

"Pfft. How little can she be when she's a lot taller than you?"

"Oi!" Jade let out a sound after Perrie punched her on her arm after her cheeky remark.

"Making height jokes there, are 'ya Thirlwall? A few inches off you and you can work for Willy Wonka."

"Speaking of willies," Jade jutted her chin to the exhausted-looking yet radiant Ruby approaching them. She swears, the more these Edwards sweat, the more unbelievable they look. Like mother, like daughter.

Ruby smiled and shook her head at the two of them obviously bickering, like always. She has been looking forward to moving to this dreamy apartment ever since she received her first measly paycheck from being a working student. A superstar's daughter is not all glitz and glam if you're Perrie Edward's daughter. She's a lot stricter than she looks. More than her own flat, she was happy to see her Mum and Aunty Jade bonding over her boxed belongings and yelling teases and curses at each other.

The way they're seated so close together tells of a life-long bond only best friends could have and Ruby is amused and jealous of it at the same time. The soft lines on her Mum's freckled face and the laugh lines along her Aunt's smile are indicators that these two have lived a very happy life. Ruby wanted that kind of life and maybe getting an apartment of her own is the first step to a life well lived.

Anyway, it's time to reward her reluctant helpers. "Fancy a bite?" She asked the two. The way they looked incredulously at each other almost made her laugh.

"A bite?!" Her Mum yelled at her. "Are you serious? A bite?! After all the lugging around you made us do? You have stairs not a lift, stairs! A bite?!" Perrie looked positively murderous.

"Oh-oh. You've woken the beast. You know how she gets when she's hangry," Jade stage-whispered to Ruby.

Ruby raised her hands in surrender, "Mum! I was teasing!"

"Gastronomy is a serious matter. A bite! Bite my ass."

Jade was shocked by Perrie's last comment and coughed which she slyly covered with a laugh, causing Perrie to cock one eyebrow and laugh as well.

"We're going to Nando's, I have my card but you're paying, Ruby."

"Nando's?" Asked Jade,"I thought you were craving fish and noodles?"

Ruby was puzzled over the fish and noodles thing but the two older ladies were grinning like crazy. Inside joke, she guessed.

After dinner, Ruby hailed a cab for the two of them, apparently they were sharing the ride despite living quite a distance from each other. Perrie's arm was hooked over Jade's elbow, like she was afraid the brunette will float away from her.

"Take care now, will 'ya? Don't forget to lock all your windows and doors, okay? If you need anything, don't hesitate to call." Perrie was getting misty from all these reminders and Ruby was pretending to be annoyed but she appreciated her Mum all the same.

Jade watched from the sidelines as mother and daughter hugged each other. Ruby was the spitting image of her Mum except for her dark hair but everything else was Perrie. It's a little eerie to be honest but also melancholy. It reminds Jade of the grand old times they shared with each other. She smiled.