28

"last night he tried to take me by force and when I fought back...... This happened" sobbed Emily showing me her burnt legs. Emily was rushed in yesterday night with minor burn wounds and bruises on her face.

"I am sorry Kye........ I just wanted to be happy and be loved" she broke out clenching the bed sheets tight that her knuckles turned white.

"shhh, don't worry about it Em... You were just confused and manipulated" I comforted her. "where is he now?"

She looked at me, her vibrant eyes droopy and distant in pain. "the cops took him away....... He kept yelling that he'll find me and finish me off Kye"

Fear is a strong emotion.

I hastily shook my head. "Don't worry about that now Em, I am sure the police won't let  his sorry ass out for a long time" I assured gently squeezing her arm.

"you have to be strong"

She shaked her head looking at me in fear. "I am not strong Kye, he's got good lawyers who'll get him out and he'll finish me off" she sniffed her tears away playing with the rock on her finger.

"I've already put in a transfer back to my hometown, there he won't find me" she revealed slipping off the ring.

"Are you sure about this Em, won't he just be the one winning here...... Frightening you away from your life here" I asked looking out the window at the falling rain that greyed the world outside.

"no.... This is me wining by leaving his sorry ass, I've never been a situation like this and the only thing I can think of right now  is my safety and wellbeing" she explained

"back home, my parents and siblings will protect me" she whispered throwing the ring in a nearby trash can.

Emily is the only girl in eight brothers, if Dr Calvin dare follow her back home, those southerners have a way of making you disappear without a trace.

"okay dear but if you need anything, please don't hesitate to contact me okay"

Her face brighten up with a small smile. "thank you Kye, you really are a great friend" she cried pulling me into a gentle hug.

"don't mention it" I whispered pulling back from the hug. "I'll see you later okay" I smiled at her nodding to the two cops at her room door and walked away. The afternoon shift was preparing to takeover, reminding me to hurry up with my work.

"I've been watching you the whole day and I can't help but notice this glow you ooze" said Kristen analysing me with her wide eyes.

"creepy much" I frowned  walking  away from her but ole girl was hopping behind me.

"tell me, is Armando back. Is he the reason why you are glowing like this?"

"that's none of your business Kristen, now can we please get back to work" I huffed turning into an empty room trying to get away from her but she was right behind me.

"oooh, so you do admit that you two are now an item, he's no longer working here so you can be open now" she pressed further and I looked at her baffled how she came up with that when I literally said nothing.

"please leave me alone or I won't have no choice but to go report you" I threatened trying hard to come off strong but her smiling face was too hard to take serious or be mad at.

I sighed hard, groaning even. "it's not Armando..... I met someone new"

I immediately regretted telling her that cause she let out a high pitched shriek of excitement. "I need to meet him!, is he cute hot black or white"

"OMG Kristen totally" I mimicked a blond airhead. "we are not BFFs dear and no you won't be meeting him okay, now let's get back to work" I warned sternly and I got the heaviest eye roll ever but at least she got the memo huffing her way out the room.

"you'll eventually tell me" she snickered.

My phone beeped with a text message from Miliano, a message that made my heart beat and cheeks burn. The date we had was one of the amazing dates of my life, after dinner we went for a short stroll through the lovers park where we made out under the nightsky of stars.

The park is famed for its romantic aura and young couples usually found strolling around. But the true history to it was much more dark as legend has it that a young couple was tragically murder there and like everything tragic it was romanticised.

"oh God, you just don't give up do you?" I asked the girl waiting by the entrance.

My shift was over for the day and my heart was pumping to see the guy who makes  me see colours in this cruel world.

"Nope!" she popped her cherry tainted lips. "come on Kye, tell meeeee, is it someone from work?" asked Kristen keeping up with my pace. "I bet it's Harry the surgeon, you guys have been too friendly"

Wow. I looked at her in utter astonishment as we made our way out into the cool cold evening.

"OMG!, no and no" I breathed out putting in my earphones. "see you tomorrow Kristen" I waved her goodbye crossing the street in a hurry to the waiting familiar car parked across the road.

"hey you" I smiled at him as he leaned in for a kiss.

"I missed you" he whispered caressing my cheek.

Aw isn't he just a  sweetie. "I missed you too" my smile was wide and innocent from his gaze. "come on, let's go home" I winked laughing as he hurried to start the car at my suggestive wink.

"Grandma?" Miliano let out a nervous breath looking at the white jeep in the driveway. "what is she doing here" he asked me as if I was supposed to know.

I shrugged feeling a state of nervousness wash over me as I followed Miliano into the main house where we met Doris seated by her fireplace with a glass of white wine in her perfectly manicured hand........ She didn't look happy at all.

*****

Lana Del Rey
The greatest.

I swear I get confused between
Where and were.

I'm soooo dumb lol.