6

"Thank you so much Kye, I wouldn't have done it without you" he cheered looking proudly at his paper that I mostly did.

"You are welcome and thank you for that weird drink, I feel better now" I said leaning back in the chair. "Where is your grandma, I haven't seen her these days"

His face dropped looking past me. "She went to the countryside to be with her boyfriend" he let out dryly.

Okay now I know I'm just a tenant but damn.... A quick word of goodbye wouldn't have hurt.

"Does she leave you alone a lot of times?" I found myself asking and his gaze returned to me. "How old are you Miliano?"

A part of me needed to know.

He chuckled leaning in front resting his arms on the table giving me his full attention. "Why you askin, you wanna call child service or what, you think I'm still a baby that needs help?" his voice got dark.... Like really dark and offended

"uh.... No,no I didn't mean it-" I tried explaining myself, darn my curiosity now he'll probably came tell his grandma and she'll kick me out for snooping.

"Dude I'm fucking with you" he laughed tossing me with a scrunched up paper. "You should've seen your face..... Pricelessly cute"

Cute..... Cute, cute..... People I'm cute.

"I'm nineteen" he finally answered my question. "After grandpa passed Nana went into a deep depression and for the first time in a long time I actually see her happy so yeah she does leave me all alone most the time but I'm a men now and I can take care of myself" he had this arrogant proud look on his face that I loved.

"That's nice" was my whisper watching him get up flexing his muscles...... I should join tinder to avoid this.

"Wanna swim?" he asked removing his t-shirt.

"Not really". I swear I wasn't drooling at the sight of his defined abs.

He shrugged and ran to the pool doing a crazy jump into the prestine blue water.

Nineteen...... Twenty one...... Nineteen...... Twenty one...... Nineteen...... Twenty one......

Nah he's still a kid and I'm sure he's straight cause my crappy non-existent gaydar picked up nothing. It's time to put this in a firm category and that category is strictly friendship.

~~

"Soo he's nineteen huh, well that's awesome now there's nothing wrong with you two dating" said Emily.

My night-shift at the hospital just started.

"Sheesh Emily, please let this go" I begged dapping myself lightly with cologne.

"Okayyyy" she dragged and immediately made a naughty face that both scared and intrigued me. "Did you see the new doctor?" she asked I shaked my head no.

"Well he's from England and a total hunk" she exaggerated. "Like it's a sin to be that hot and smart" she drooled slapping my shoulder. "Maybe you two can hookup"

I rolled my eyes. "Girl bye" I laughed walking out of the locker room. Emily has made it a mission to get me a boyfriend and I remember in college when she tried to get me and the quarterback to hookup..... I never felt more embarrassed in my entire life but he was kind enough to understand the situation cause I was waiting for his football ass to cuss me out.

"Emily and Kye you'll be assisting Dr Calvin in ER" instructed Dr Morris and Emily nugded me wiggling her eyebrows.

"Dr Calvin is the new doctor, like how is this possible.... Its an obvious sign from the universe" she was like a kid walking to a condy store and it sickened me.

*****

My small brother is a label whore.

Okay bye.