2

The day was Sunday and the weather was perfect with a mild hot sun shinning down. I called Regina that morning and she was very happy to hear from me, mom and dad didn't ask about me, apparently everything was back to normal or at least that's how they were pretending to be.

Doris invited me over for lunch to meet her grandchildren who were coming back from a weekend retreat from her country house. I was excited to meet them, I love little kids cause in this cruel burning world their innocent smiles fill me with joy and hope for a beautiful tomorrow.

"Morning dear, how did you sleep?" asked Doris opening the door for me.

"Quite well, need any help?" I asked and she chuckled shaking her head no.

"That won't be necessary dear, I don't want you to mess up your nice outfit" she pointed out my cool blue t-shirt and denim jeans.

"Anything please I can't let you do all the work,I'll feel useless" I insisted.

"Okay than, you can go set the table for four people in the garden" she said handing me a wooden box of silverware.

The garden table was set stunningly, all I had to do was place the forks, spoons and knives. The day was really breathtaking under this gazebo with the fresh scent of the garden flowers.

"You must be Kye" said a soft fruity voice behind scaring me a little cause I was deep in focus at setting the table. "Hi I'm Cassie" she stretched out her hand.

Okay not the little girl I was expecting.

"Nice to meet you Cassie" I smiled with a firm handshake. "I am Kye"

She was radiant with big bright hazel eyes, a smile so warm showing off a perfect set of teeth. Her bouncy curls livened each time she moved making her look fun and happy.

"Nana couldn't stop talking about you and I must say she's right you are terribly cute"

I blushed at her compliment and subtle flirtation. "Thank you"

"Cassie, stop harassing the poor guy and go help Miliano" said Doris with a tray of roasted vegetables. "You can place this over there" she added handing me the tray of vegetables and disappeared into the house.

Neatly placing down the tray I turned hearing laughter, it was Cassie and holy sweet baby black Jesus.

Who is that. Must be her boyfriend, wait Doris said she broke up with him.

"Kye meet my idiot of a brother, Miliano" she cheered putting down the pot of rice.

His eyes, his piercing eyes....... Were a burnt brown copper mixed with green deep set in his striking flawless face.

"Hey" his voice deep and smoky as he smirked. God wipe my drool away cause guys like him only exist on Instagram and not in my normal human life.

"Hi" smack me God, I whispered. He smiled looking at me funny.

"Okay everyone take your seats and let the feast begin" cheered Doris holding up a bottle of wine.
Thank goodness for Doris.

"So Kye, what do you do and where exactly are you from?" asked Cassie taking a seat next to me on my right while Miliano took one by his grandma looking at me with smiling eyes. Probably waiting for my answer to his sister's question.

I hated being under the spotlight..... It makes me nervous. "I'm from Glenville and I'm a registered nurse" I managed not to make a fool of myself.

"A nurse huh" comment Miliano finding it interesting or something.

"Yep" I popped my lips. Fuck why did I do that.

"Well I think it's a sexy job for a sexy guy like you.... Imagine being bath-"

"Cassie I swear to God I'll bleach your mouth if you finish that" threatened Doris with a wooden spoon causing everyone around the table to giggle.

"I'm just being honest" sassed Cassie.

*****

Okay bye