Chapter 28

August 4th 2015

The show has been going great, and Thayne and I had hung out a lot more. It had been a little awkward at first but we moved past it and we were just as close, if not closer, as before.

"Hey Cameron!" I turn, hearing Lin's voice.

"Hey Lin, what did you need?"

"I'm having the Schuyler Sisters do the Ham4Ham today. Since you and Jazzy share Peggy you're both gonna join Pips and Renée, I think you guys are singing but I'm not one hundred percent sure."

"Alright, are they in their dressing room?"

"They should be." He says before turning to walk off.

"Oh hey, why did they decide to do this? And why aren't you leading it?"

"Well I'm too tired to do anything else and Pippa suggested it."

"Okay I'll go find them, thanks." He nods and tiredly walks off. "Lin!" He turns, giving me a questioning look. "Go take a nap." He laughs and keeps walking, hopefully he'll sleep before the show. I find the girls in Pippa and Renées dressing room.

"Hey so I heard that we're singing Fallin?" I ask, sitting next to Renée.

"Yeah do you guys want to just go over it quickly?" I nod and we figure out how we're gonna sing. We start practicing and soon Oak stops by the door.

"Oh hey guys I'm glad you're all here. Are you ready for the Ham4Ham?" We nod and walk out, following behind him. Oak introduces us and we start singing. Pippa and Renée had decided to take the lead so Jazzy and I mostly sang back up and kept the beat.

I hear the crowd go wild as they start singing and Jazzy and I share an excited look. We walk back in after finishing and Thayne hugs me, having been waiting inside.

"Wow you're hot." He mentions as we walk to my dressing room.

"Thanks? I mean that's random, but thanks."

"Oh no I mean yeah you're hot, but temperature wise, you're hot." I smile and nudge his shoulder.

"I was messing with you, it's very warm out there." He blushes slightly as we keep walking up the stairs.

"See you later!" He says, going into his dressing room.

"He's so cute." I say under my breath before turning and walking up the stairs.

"Did you say something?" He asks, sticking his head out the door.

"No!" I say almost instantly.

"Are you sure? I thought I heard you say something-"

"Yes! I'm sure Thayne." He gives me a suspicious look as I look down at him from the stairs with a hopefully convincing smile on my face.

"Okay... see you on stage." He says, still slightly suspicious, as he turns to go back into his dressing room. I take a deep breath and start to walk up the stairs again.

"You know you're going to have to tell him at some point right?" Jazzy says from the landing.

"Oh, my god! Hi Jazzy, I didn't see you."

"So... are you going to tell him?" She asks as we walk up the stairs together.

"At some point I will. I think I'll wait a bit longer though. And before you say it, yes I know he won't wait so it won't be too long." Jazzy nods looking content with my answer.

"I think you should tell him after the show." I gasp and turn to face her.

"Jazzy!"

"I'm just saying. No time's better then the present."