Chapter 4

February 28th 2014

It had been about a week since my audition and I haven't heard anything. I wasn't really surprised though.

The past couple of days were really stressful, though Jonathan has been super helpful. He's been packing some of my stuff up for me, mostly just pictures and books and such, though the past couple of days he's been packing my clothes as well considering how close it was getting until I had to move out.

I was on my way to the theatre for today's performance when I felt my phone start buzzing. I pulled it out and saw that Lin was calling. I picked it up as I turned down the road that the theatre is on.

"Hey Lin, what's up?"

"Cameron, hey. I'm here with Alex, Thomas, and Andy again."

"Oh, well then hi Alex, Thomas, and Andy." I hear two heys and a hi come from the phone, softer then Lin's voice though.

"So we are calling about your audition." I hear as I open the door to the theatre.

"What about it?" I ask walking in and sitting in the stairwell so I can somewhat have privacy. I'd stand outside but it's still pretty cold out there.

"We were wondering if you could come back tomorrow about 10:30? We need to check with you on something, it has to be in person though."

I think about it a second. "Sure."

"Alright, thank you! See you tomorrow, same place as last time. Bye!"

As I walk up to my dressing room I wonder what was so important that they couldn't tell me over the phone

After the show I see Meghan about to walk out the door.

"Hey! Meghan!" I call out. She turns and smiles, waiting for me to catch up.

"Hey Cameron! You were amazing tonight." She compliments as we walk out of the doors. 

"Aw thank you! The whole show would fall apart without you though!" She laughs and I wave to some of the fans that were waiting by the door.

"Hey, did you hear that they're not letting pets in our building anymore?" I ask after a few minutes.

"What? No? Since when? Why?" She asks.

"Starting tomorrow. And my landlord is claiming it's because the building manager says that the animals are scratching the floors and making the building more dusty." I say rolling my eyes as we cross the street.

"Tomorrow?!?! Wait where are you going to live? I swear Cameron if you get rid of Noor I'm never going to talk to you aga-"

I interrupt her freakout. "Relax," I laugh. "I'm moving in with one of my friends. He's been helping me pack and move boxes and stuff. And no I'd never get rid of Noor, I couldn't just leave his face behind like that." She looks relieved.

"Wait, that means we have to do a girls night tonight. I can bring up some wine and help you finish packing, assuming that you're not done. We can do face masks and catch up on Grey's!" She exclaims looking a little sad still but more upbeat at the thought of a girls night.

"Meghan that sounds amazing and all, but I have an audition tomorrow at 10:30, so that's a no to the wine I'm afraid." She looks up in shock.

"Wait so you're leaving the show and moving away? I'm gonna cry." I turn to see her face and her eyes are tearing up a little.

"Aww Meghan!" I pull her into a side hug as we continue walking down the street. "It's just an audition, there's no guarantee that I'm going to get the role or anything."