Chapter 13

A couple of weeks later and I was dropping Meghan off at the airport. I hugged her over the center panel and she gave me a couple last minute reminders.

"No parties, no boys, no girls unless I know them. Help yourself to anything in the fridge. Don't forget to stretch and warm up your voice-" I interrupt her rambling.

"I know I know. C'mon now you're gonna miss your flight." She laughs and pulls back from the hug.

"It's not for an hour and a half." I hand her the bag that was in the backseat.

"But still, TSA and all that shit." She laughs and I see a tear fall from her eye.

"Hey, it's not going to be that long. Only a couple of weeks." I say gently, wiping the tear off her cheek. She laughs slightly again. And pulls her backpack onto her lap. She hugs me one last time and opens the door.

"I love you!" She calls out.

"Love you too! Don't miss me too much. And you can call whenever you need an escape from your family!" She laughs and nods and closes the door. I drive to her apartment where I had left a bag of stuff so I wouldn't have to go home. I open the door and take my shoes off. I feel my phone buzz and see its a message from Thayne

Hey wanna go out for dinner tonight?
                                       Sure, when and where?
I was thinking Ten Hope? At maybe 7?
                                  Sounds good, see ya then!

I smile and go and put some stuff away because otherwise I'd forget about it. 6:30 comes faster then I wanted and I don't have time to get ready.

I sigh and look down at what I'm wearing, a black polo, skinny jeans, and some running shoes. Knowing that if I changed I'd be late I walk out, locking the door behind me.

I get there with two minutes to spare and decide to take my hair out of the ponytail it was in. It very messily falls to my shoulders and I run my fingers through it, trying to somewhat tame it when I feel a tap on my shoulder. I jump and turn and see Thayne smiling at me.

"Hi, I didn't get a chance to change before this, so I'm sorry, I'm super messy."

"It's fine, you look amazing as always." He says kissing my forehead. I smile and follow him into the restaurant where the hostess says it'll be a fifteen minute wait. Since it's so nice outside we decide to wait until they call us.

"Hey so I'm planning on going back to Utah for the Wednesday before Thanksgiving, and then Thanksgiving itself. Would you maybe want to come with? We would probably leave early early Wednesday morning and fly back Thursday night as I'm in the Macy's day parade. I mean I know it's months away and all but I figured I should ask sooner rather then later." He asks. I look over at him.

"Um yeah I think I should be able to come. I don't think I had any plans as Meghan might still be over in Ireland and Jonathan will be filming something I think." He smiles at that as the hostess calls us over to go sit and eat.

October 23rd 2014

I wake up to Thayne calling me. I reach to grab my phone only to fall off the bed. Meghan was still over in Ireland, though she was trying to get her mom to let her come back. Apparently her mom was being very strict for some reason.

"What's up?" I groggily ask, not bothering to get off the floor.

"Wow what's up with you? Woke up on the wrong side of the bed?" Thayne jokingly asks.

"Well yeah, I kinda fell off the bed because of you." It's quiet for a second before I hear Thayne laugh.

"Oh I'm sorry then, anyways what are you doing for Halloween?"