Chapter 17

I wake up and see Jazzy on her phone next to me.

"Good morning." I say quietly. She jumps slightly and turns to face me.

"Hey so Lin wants just us for about an hour to talk about tomorrow at 9, but then after that I was wondering if you wanted to go shopping?" I smile and nod.

"Let's just not tell people I'm back okay?" She nods and we get ready to meet Lin. On the way to the studio that Lin asked to meet us at it's quiet between us.

"If you don't mind, what exactly happened? I mean Groff told me some of it but it wasn't clear." I just nod, keeping my eyes forward.

"So he um texted me a video of Thayne kissing a girl at New Years." We turn down another street.

"Oh no, really?" I just nod, not trusting my voice. "Has Thayne said anything about it?"

Shaking my head I respond. "I don't even think he knows I'm back yet. The last time we talked was him just letting me know that he got back safely." She hugs me from the side before we walk into the building.

Lin was standing in the lobby and looked up when we walked in. He walks over and brings both of us into hugs before leading us to the studio.

"So we really just want to make sure that we'll be able to record properly tomorrow, so that it's not just one of you singing the songs because both of you are playing the roles." I just nod. We walk into the booth and put the headphones on.

"Okay guys so we're just gonna play parts of Schuyler Sisters and Say No To This, but first warm up a little." I hear Alex say. Jazzy and I nod and we run through some warm ups super quickly.

"Alright so both of you stand at the microphone, we're gonna just try both, then one at a time to see how we can layer and stuff like that." Alex says again and we nod.

I hear the beginning of Schuyler Sisters and smile. Jazzy and I start singing our part. After we finish the first little bit of the song they have Jazzy sing it by herself, and then me by myself.

"Okay let's do Say No To This, you guys are doing great!" I go first this time, then Jazzy, then we do it together. They stay quiet before motioning us to come out of the booth.

"Okay you guys did amazing, we're gonna play around with this, but we'll do the actual recordings tomorrow with everyone else okay?" We nod and walk out, Lin staying back to talk. We head out and shop around for a few hours.

Jazzy, Jonathan, and I did face masks and painted our nails before she had to leave.

"Are you ready for tomorrow?" Jonathan asks as we clean up. I shake my head. 

"I'm worried that I'm going to start crying when I see him, or that people are going to ask what happened and I'm not sure if I'll be able to answer." He nods before replying.

"That's all true, I'm not going to even try to deny it. However, you know you have me, and Jazzy, and I'm sure Pippa and Renee. We can make sure that you aren't left alone with him if that's what you want." I nod slightly, trying to not let my tears fall. He pulls me into a hug and rubs my back.

"Okay let's drink some tea and go to bed." I smile gratefully up at him before we go and make the tea.

I hear my alarm go off way too early in the morning. And by way too early I mean seven AM. I pull myself out of bed and see that Jonathan is already up and making tea. We don't say anything to each other as one, it's too early for any words, and two, vocal rest. We eat some breakfast before heading out.

I naturally looked down the opposite way to see if He was coming. I didn't see him luckily and we continued on our way. We walked in and saw only a few people walking around. Lin waves us over and Alex starts telling us how we're gonna sing.