Chapter 29

I spent the entire flight worrying about my dad. Once I landed I checked my messages while I waited for my bag. Thaynes was the first that I clicked on.

I hope everything goes
okay. If you need to call
or cry or anything I'm
here.

I smile slightly and grab my bag while calling Courtney.

"Hey Cour, I'm here. I'm gonna take a taxi and just head straight to the hospital."

"Okay, let me know when you get here and I'll come and get you. The hospital is a bit confusing."

"Okay, see you soon."

"Bye." I step out and find a taxi.

"Hi can you go to the hospital? As quickly as you can." I say, putting my seatbelt on. She just nods and starts driving. I zone out while she drives, watching the scenery.

After about a half hour she pulls into the hospital. I pay her and grab my bag, stepping out of the car. I call Courtney, waiting in the lobby.

"Hey I just got here, I'm waiting in the lobby."

"Okay I'll be right there." I hang up and after a few minutes I see her walking over. I walk over and we hug before I follow her up to my dads room. The nurse is leaving as we walk in and my mom looks up, smiling slightly when she sees me.

"Hey Cameron." She says quietly.

"Hi mom." She hugs me after I set my bag on the floor. She motions for me to follow her to the hallway.

"He's asleep so I figured we could talk out here." I nod, looking around.

"What happened? Last I heard he was getting better."

"He was, they have to run a test but they think he has some blood clots." I nod and sigh.

"What are they going to do if that's the problem?"

"I think they're going to give him a blood thinner." Just then a doctor passes us, walking into the room. We follow and I sit next to Courtney. She leans on me slightly as the doctor starts talking.

"Hey guys, you must be Cameron, I'm Doctor Musaffi." She says, holding her hand out after washing it with hand sanitizer.

"Hi, it's nice to meet you."

"Nice to meet you too, I'm sorry it's under these circumstances." I nod, glancing at my mom. "So it does look like his blood is clotting, I already ordered the blood thinner so it should come soon." She says, more specifically to my mom who nods and asks her something but I don't pay attention, focusing on my dads face. I look up when she leaves as my mom sighs.

"Hey mom," I say quietly. She looks over as Courtney leans her head on my shoulder. "Take Courtney home, shower, sleep, I'll stay here with dad. I'll call if anything changes."

"Are you sure?" I nod smiling slightly.

"Yes, Courtney is basically asleep on me right now."

"No I'm not." She says, her head still resting on my shoulder.

"But still. You guys both need a break, go. I'll be fine here."

"Okay. We'll be back in a few hours though. " my mom says, giving in. "Come on Courtney."

"Oh, where's Jake?" I ask as they get their things together.

"Hannah said that she would take him until things get better." I nod and hug them before they leave, taking my bag with them. A nurse comes in a few minutes later, checking my dads vitals and clipping a new bag into his IV.