Chapter 6

T/W: Mentions of attempted r*pe

It had been about a week since me and Thayne had hung out. We had been texting a bit, and I'm starting to really like him. Though anytime Jonathan or Lin asks me about my feelings towards him I deny it.

I wake up to a text message from William.

Hey Cameron, would you be
able to come in early today?
We found someone to
replace you and I'd like them
to meet you and hopefully
you can help get them ready.

I sigh and in seeing that I didn't need to be anywhere today, respond saying that I'd be able to. I get up, change, feed and walk Noor. I come back from the walk and see that Jonathan is awake and sipping some coffee.

"Did you at least make me some?" I ask unclipping Noors leash. He just looks at me. "I'll take that as a no then." I say rolling my eyes but smiling.

I grab a small backpack and just throw some stuff that I'd probably need. I grab a protein bar and shove it into the bag to eat later at the theatre.

"Hey William called me in early today, do you mind walking and feeding Noor?" I ask pulling some sneakers on.

"Yeah of course. Break a leg!" He says as I open the door. I smile in thanks and pull some earphones on for the walk to the theatre.

I get there and walk in, waving to Wyatt who smiles and walks over and gives me a huge bear hug which wasn't hard as he was 6'5 easy.

"I missed you too Wyatt" I laugh as he lets go. He's definitely my favorite security guard here as he actually cares about us as people and not just as it's his job. I think other than Meghan I'd miss him the most.

"How've you been?" He asks, walking with me to the dressing rooms.

"I've been pretty okay. Rehearsals have been intense as there's so much dancing that we're still figuring out. Everyones been super nice and welcoming though." I say as I open the door to my dressing room. He nods.

"You better get me tickets to opening night or I'm gonna stop being your friend." He says laughing.

"I'm not too sure about opening night, I can try but I'm not sure."

"I could never stop being your friend, your cookies are too good. Oh did you bring any by the way?" He asks, looking excited at the thought of possible cookies.

"No, I haven't made any in a while sorry. Maybe you'll have to come over and make some with me, that way you'll also be able to see my new place!" I say

"That's right you moved! How about Monday?" He asks, leaning on the doorway.

"Sounds good. I'll text you the address later, don't let me forget though." I laugh. He laughs with me and nods.

"Break a leg! I'm sure you'll do great but still." He says as I shake my head. He just laughs and leaves.

I walk onto the stage after seeing my stuff down and see William talking to a girl that I didn't recognize. William looks over and smiles at me.

"Cameron!" I join them and smile at the new girl.

"Hi, I'm Cameron," I say as I hold my hand out.

"Layla." She smiles and takes my hand.

We get to know one another before starting to run through things.

After the second show Meghan brought me to the green room again. I was confused but went with it wondering what was happening. Meghan told me to go in first. I gave her a questioning look as I opened the door.