Chapter 15

December 22 2014

It's about 7 AM and Jonathan is dropping Thayne and I off at JFK airport.

"I'll see you guys next year!" He says out the window as we walk into the airport.

We laugh and check in. As the airplane takes off I grab Thaynes arm subconsciously.

"You okay?" I nod slowly.

After it levels out I tell him that the takeoff just makes me nervous. He nods in understanding and we cuddle while watching some disney movies to pass the time.

As the plane lands I feel some cramping on my stomach, but I don't think anything special about it as my period cramps are worse. We walk off the plane and have a small layover until our next flight to Oahu. We walk to the Starbucks that's in the airport and I get some hot chocolate and a cake pop.

Thayne looks at me like I'm crazy, he's probably not wrong, but hot chocolate is amazing. After the much shorter plane ride we're walking out of the plane.

"Oh my god it's so hot." Thayne says the second we step outside. I just look at him.

"Well it is!" He defends himself.

"I... Okay then." I say laughing. I hear my name being called and look around. I see Courtney running towards me. I drop the bag I was carrying as she jumps into my arms. After a bit I set her back on the ground and hug my mom who was with her.

"Mom, Courtney, this is Thayne, my boyfriend." Out of the corner of my eye I see Thayne blush a little at my words. He holds his hand out to shake my mom's hand but she ignores it and brings him into a hug. His eyes widen in shock at me before he hugs her back.

"Hi there Thayne, I'm Kamea, Cameron and Courtney's mom. I've heard good things about you." My mom says as we walk to get our bags.

"It's very nice to meet you Mrs. Kapule." He responds, grabbing his bag which came out first.

"Oh please, call me Kamea." He nods, blushing a little. I see my bag and go to grab it. I feel the pain again but dismiss it as just being sore, I mean a ten hour flight, I'm going to be sore. Thayne grabs my bag however and I give him a look.

"What?" My mom laughs at the interaction and we walk out to her car.

"Cameron, Jake was very excited when I told him you were coming." Courtney says.

"Really? I've missed him." I smile at the thought of him.

"Who's Jake?" Thayne asks, a weird look on his face.

"Jake's our golden retriever lab mix, he's 12 now I think, is that right?" My mom nods, turning into our small town. Thayne nods looking relieved.

"Why? Was someone jealous?" I tease him. He nods, blushing a bit.

We laugh and my sister starts asking us how life is in the city, well mostly Thayne.

"Oh my god, Cor leave him alone." I say fed up with the constant questions.

"It was okay, I don't mind." Thayne says.

"Ha! See! He's okay with it."

"That doesn't mean that you can interrogate him!" She rolls her eyes and is about to respond when we pull into our driveway.

"Girls." My mom warns. Courtney rolls her eyes and gets out.

"Sorry about her." I say to Thayne as we get out.

"Oh no she was fine, it was kinda funny." Smiling, we grab our bags as my mom opens the door to the house and Jake comes running out.

"Jake! Buddy!" I say and drop my bags, crouching to pet him. He jumps and tries to lick my face before balancing on my knee and licking my face.