Chapter 14

November 10th 2014

"Hey so I got the tickets for next week, We leave at 3 AM on the 19th and leave at 11 on the 20th, sound good?" I hear Thaynes voice through the phone.

"Yeah sounds good. Do I need to bring anything special?" I walk through the grocery store, putting some fruit in the cart.

"Um no, maybe something a little fancy. Like a nice shirt and some jeans? We're not too fancy on dinner, but like no sweats or anything. Oh and a swimsuit. There's a lake nearby but it might be too cold, so just in case." I turned down the chips aisle thinking about what I could wear.

"Okay cool. Anything I should know about your family or...?"

"No, I don't think so. I mean there's a lot of us, so be prepared." I nod before remembering he can't see me.

"Ok. Coolio."

"Do you want to just spend the night before we leave so that we don't have that extra stress?" He asks as I throw a bag of Doritos in the cart for Jonathan. "If that's okay with you? I mean I love spending time with you sooo.." I feel my face start to flush at his words.

"Ah well I hate spending time with you so that's awkward." I hear a thump from the phone.

"Ow that... that hurts Cameron. I fell off my bed! That's how much." I laugh.

"Well, hypothetically, if I didn't hate spending time with you I'd want to know if you were okay."

"In that case, hypothetically, I'm okay." I can hear the smile in his voice when someone hugs me.

"What the hell? Who-"

"Cameron? You okay?" I look over my shoulder and see Jazzy.

"It's just Jazzy, I'll call you later?"

"Oh, okay good I was worried. Um yeah sure. See ya!" I hang up and turn and hug Jazzy back.

"You couldn't have said like 'Hey Cameron, I'm gonna hug you' or anything along those lines?" I ask.

"Nope! How's it going?"

"It's good. I'm getting food obviously. What about you?"

"Oh I came in for some strawberries and bananas as I wanted a smoothie but I don't feel like actually buying one. What are you doing for Thanksgiving? Cause doesn't your family live in Hawaii?" I nodded following her to get some yogurt, I needed some as well.

"Yeah they do, I'm actually going with Thayne to his family's thing. I'm honestly glad he asked cause otherwise I would have been by myself as I think Jonathan's going to Pennsylvania." I say looking through the different types.

"That's amazing! You're meeting his family!! I think Anthony and I are going to do something small but I'm not sure as I don't want to fly to England for a day and a half y'know?"

"Yeah... wait, you two are doing Thanksgiving together?! That's amazing, you two make such a cute couple!"

"Oh no it's just as friends."

"For now." I finished her sentence. She gives me a look.

"No!"

"Mhm but you like him don't you?" She blushes almost instantly.

"Maybe." I laugh lightly, making my way to the check out.

"Hey how's it going ladies?" The check out guy says.

"Pretty good, you?" I say putting the food onto the conveyor belt.

"Much better now." He says and tries to wink. I try to hold in my laughter, exchanging looks with Jazzy.